cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly bill increase of £6.00 and the contract date issue

chanhk
Dabbler

Monthly bill increase of £6.00 and the contract date issue

In March, my bill is £38.48 but I have received £44.48 in April. Please help to correct the bill. Thank you.

I don't know why I have 2 contract end dates. 1st is 20th Dec 2021 and 2nd is 19th Dec 2023. Please see the attachments. Please help to check which one is correct. Thank you.

I have received other ISP promotion and their monthly fee is £24 (108 Mbps). Now I am using around 70 Mbps and I think Plusnet price is quite too expensive. Could you please help to adjust the Plusnet monthly fee? Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Monthly bill increase of £6.00 and the contract date issue

Hiya @chanhk

I'm really sorry for the confusion over your bill and for the hassle this has caused.  A price increase took place on the 31/3/2022 and you can find our more about this here

I have looked at the billing on you account and provided more detail on how it apply to you here, please get back in touch if you need any further help. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Monthly bill increase of £6.00 and the contract date issue

2022 Billing increases

Users have found the first bill following the price changes on 31st March 2022 odd because the brief summary presented at the top of the bill is just that - a summary. It does not reflect the important details of each line as fully described on subsequent pages. The first bill after the price rise, has for each chargeable item and their associated discounts...

1. A refund for the charges already paid on the previous bill (at the old rate) for the period from 31st March to the billing date
  2. A re-charge in arrears (at the new rate) for the period from 31st March to the billing date
  3. The charge at the new rate for the following month (charged in advance)

Note: in some cases there is a known error on the first bill run which has omitted to adjust applicable discounts.

Price rises tend to give rise to users reviewing the accounts - some have found that their minimum term end dates on their contracts appear to be wrong, or inconsistent depending on which browser or environment they use to access the information. The one which looks sensible is probably the correct one. This issue is under review, if you need to confirm the details, please contact COTS.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.