cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being billed after leaving Plusnet

FIXED
lh7

Being billed after leaving Plusnet

I've left plusnet, and have paid my final bill. I have cancelled my direct debit but I am still getting pre-payment emails every month saying that I am due to pay.

Please can someone tell me how to stop this and fully close down my plusnet account.

Thank You.

6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Being billed after leaving Plusnet

Fix

Hi there, I'm really sorry that you're still receiving billing notifications after cancelling with us, that's definitely not right, I'll get that sorted out for you, can you send me a private message along with your username please? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
stenyboy

Hi,

I am being asked by Plusnet for a full month's payment or I will loose the service. I left Plusnet on 29th March. I have not received a final payment request on this demand as above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Paul

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Paul,

A warm welcome to the forums.

To which ISP did you migrate to?

If Virgin Media, note that such migrations do not automatically cease your old service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

stenyboy

Hi,

Thanks for your swift reply.

I moved to Sky and they did inform you as I received notification of such from Plusnet.

Kind regards

Paul

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@stenyboy 

I escalated this one - something is stuck and is queued for attention.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

@stenyboy

Thanks a lot for making us aware of this, and I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused here. @Townman is spot on, our STOP order became stuck on Openreach's side, which is why the account was left open. I've just been in touch with them to get the matter sorted out. I've also closed the account, and have backdated the cease to 29/03/2022. 

I final bill will soon be generated with the correct pro rata charges / refunds on there. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds