Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another bill query...

FIXED
whitling2k
Dabbler

Another bill query...

I have just joined PlusNet in March for £24.99 a month, my first bill, April, was a mess because of joining, pro-rating, etc.

My May Bill however is also more than I would have expected..  £29.03. ~16% more than the £24.99 I was quoted when I signed up.

I guess I could have landed unluckily and being subject to the CPI+3.9% rise as my service was activated on the 31st March - but I can't understand why the May bill is not far off double the expected rise.

Can anyone shed any light onto what's going on?

12 REPLIES 12
matthales

Re: Another bill query...

Very similar issue here although I signed up last August. My usual bill is £24.99 but this month it is £29.33 with no explanation. Can any Admins look into this, please?
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Fix

Hiya @whitling2k

I'm so for the confusion over your bill and for the hassle this is causing you. I have looked into this for you and provided an explanation here

Hiya @matthales

The price for broadband, line rental, call plans, call charges and add-ons will be increased on or after 1st March every year from March 2022 by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation published in January of that year plus 3.9%. Other prices, content and terms may also change during your contract. See CPI Plus 3.9% Guide (https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cpi-plus-guide/) for details. For more information on price changes, please see https://www.plus.net/help/legal/2022-pricing-changes-faq/

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
whitling2k
Dabbler

For the record, Plusnet contacted me directly and there was a slight error on the bill.  They will fix this and credit my next bill.

matthales

Thanks @SammyM but my price increase is higher than that stated in the CPI document and the FAQ guide. I’m also in a fixed price contract with a minimum term so wouldn’t expect to see these increases applied yet. Could you send me a DM or take a look at my April bill? Something doesn’t look right.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @matthales, thanks for getting back to us. 

I have take a look at your bill and provided a more detailed explanation of this for you here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=224199146

Please get back to me if you have any further queries. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

2022 Billing increases

Users have found the first bill following the price changes on 31st March 2022 odd because the brief summary presented at the top of the bill is just that - a summary. It does not reflect the important details of each line as fully described on subsequent pages. The first bill after the price rise, has for each chargeable item and their associated discounts...

1. A refund for the charges already paid on the previous bill (at the old rate) for the period from 31st March to the billing date
  2. A re-charge in arrears (at the new rate) for the period from 31st March to the billing date
  3. The charge at the new rate for the following month (charged in advance)

Consequently comparing this months bill with last months bill can create the impression that it has gone up more than the expected 9.3%. It is also possible that the annual prise rise is coincident with the end of the discounted minimum term, making the increase appear much larger.

Note: In some cases there is a known error on the first bill run which has omitted to adjust applicable discounts.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

whitling2k
Dabbler

Please can someone from Plusnet look into my bill again?  It's still larger than expected, my July bill is £2.32 more than it should be, after my June bill was £1 less than it should have been. 

You need to sort your act out - your billing is very opaque and error-prone.  I never had a difficult-to-follow bill or billing error since I first took out my first Broadband contract in 2004.  Since joining you, I'm yet to be billed both correctly and clearly. 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Good morning @whitling2k, thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused here. I can't discuss billing matters in the public domain, so I've just pinged across an email explaining what's gone on. You'll be able to see it here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=225907188 

Let me know if you have any questions Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
whitling2k
Dabbler

Thanks Adam - in summary, a promised discount wasn't applied properly and now is (should be)..  

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

That's right year Smiley 

I've also seen your question on the open ticket, which I can answer on here. You're right, the discount associated with your broadband product will also increase in line with our price rise in March 2023 Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
whitling2k
Dabbler

uugh - my bill is now too small by a few quid.  Can I check if this is the previous pricing error working it's way through the monthly billing cycle?

I could leave it, but it will come back and bite me.

For a £24.99 a month contract, I have paid the following bills.  I have not spanned a cpi+3.9% rise, and I haven't changed my product.

• £24.99 from my card when I signed up - this is the only time I have been billed the correct amount.
  • month 1  - £6.85 DD - But this I expected, because I joined mid-month
  • month 2 - £29.03 DD
  • month 2 - £23.99 DD
  • month 4 - £27.31 DD
  • month 5 - £23.27 DD

Honestly, how these companies keep going is beyond me!

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @whitling2k, thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm really sorry for the concern caused by your bill! I've taken a look at this for you and provided more information on the amount here for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=226571975

I hope this helps clear it up, though just let me know if you have any further queries at all. 

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team