Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error has occurred

Clarissa
Dabbler

An error has occurred

I have the following message in my account 

"An error has occurred. You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product change in progress."

This message has been there since 11th February. I agreed on a phone call with one of your sales reps. on 11th February to a new 18 month Unlimited Fibre contract @ £21.95 per month (£21.22 phone line + £0.73 unlimited fibre broadband) which he arranged to start on 10th March 2022. My old contract was due to expire on 23rd February 2022; instead of starting the new contract on 24th February he arranged for a refund of £9.01 to reduce my Feb22 bill of £32 (which was part in contract price/part out of contract price) to the previous monthly in-contract price of £22.99. I paid the £32 and received the £9.01, so Feb22 is fine.

I am concerned that I can't see the details of the new contract yet in my account. It shows the Out of Contract price of £38.20 as the likely Mar22 bill, and going forwards.

I am expecting the bill in Mar22 to be £21.95 as per the contract renewal agreed on 11Feb22. I phoned your help desk today and spoke to someone to get this confirmed but he couldn't confirm it. He raised a ticket #222496173 which simply said "Thank you for calling, as discussed I have let you know the bill is due to generate on the 10th. Thank you for your patience." I know the bill is due to generate on 10th March. What I would like to know is, will it generate for £21.95 or £38.20? The agent said wait until 10th to see what it will be and if it isn't at the new contract price, phone back again. This really shouldn't be necessary.

There is also an entry in the Account Summary which says: 01/01/1970 18 months contract Pending. It doesn't allow me to click on any part of the entry to see further details. I suspect this was added to my account on 11Feb22 as part of the call, although I have no idea why it is dated 01/01/1970. The sales guy raised a ticket #221930468 on 11Feb22 and sent me an email confirming the details of the renewed contract.

Please can you remove the error, replace it with the correct, new contract details, and confirm the bill in Mar22 and going forwards will be at the new contract price of £21.95. Thank you
10 REPLIES 10
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: An error has occurred

Moderators Note

This topic has been released from the automated spam filter.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for the confusion. I've had a look into this for you and everything looks normal.

The new contract is scheduled to start from your next bill date and you should see the pricing update from then as well.

The error you're seeing is just a by-product of the pending change on your account that's the new contract going through. 

If you have any issues once your bill's generated, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Clarissa
Dabbler

Thank you, dvorak

Clarissa
Dabbler

Thank you, Anoush

I will try to keep the faith until 10th then, and let you know what happens.

Clarissa
Dabbler

Good morning Anoush,

I have checked my account this morning and the error has gone. The new contract appears to have started, because it now says I have a duration of 18 months and the end date is 9th Sep 2023. So that's good. However, the price has not changed to the price I agreed for the new contract. It still shows the out-of-contract price from my last contract. The bill is due to generate today, but I fear it will generate at the wrong price.

My new contract should be saying Unlimited Fibre: £0.73 and Line Rental £21.22 Total price £21.95

Please would you intervene, to get this fixed/ ensure the bill is generated at the correct, new contract price. Thank you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Clarissa

I'm really sorry to see your new contract price didn't go through automatically.

I've applied the discounts now but as we've already produced your bill though not yet e-mailed you confirmation, I've issued you with a refund to cover the overcharge you should receive before or shortly after we take the payment.

If you log out and back in of your account, you should see the pricing to have updated. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Clarissa
Dabbler

That was quick work! Thank you so much!

I logged out and in again as you advised, and the price in my account now looks to be correct.

I have received the email about the discount being applied for the next 17 months.

Just waiting now for the bill and the refund confirmation.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Excellent. No problem, happy to help.

Let me know how it goes. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Clarissa
Dabbler

Good afternoon Anoush,

My bill has arrived and it is for £45.19; I had a new Hub Two @ £6.99 P&P included, which is correct

My refund email has also arrived and it says I am getting a refund of £10.05 - I was expecting a refund of £16.95.

The bill I have for Mar22 is made up of £16.98 Internet (out of contract price) + £21.22 line rental + £6.99 p&p = £45.19

The March bill should have been £0.73 internet (new contract price) + £21.22 line rental + £6.99 p&p = £28.94

Difference = £16.95

Can you change the refund to £16.95 or arrange a further refund of £6.20, please

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah I'm really sorry about this. I double-checked my calculations as well... Sad Time for more coffee. Smiley

I've refunded the remainder you'll receive in your bank account separately next week. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet