Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error has occurred message

Tiger-lily
Hooked

An error has occurred message

Hi there,
I upgraded my broadband contract which was due to end on 2nd of Nov a bit early, on 25th Oct and ever since I've had the message 'an error has occurred. You cannot change your products for the moment, you already have a product change in progress.' on my account page. I've upgraded to fibre plus and recieved my router yesterday and all is working ok. But I've been billed/charged out of contract pricing from my old contract-bill dated 3rd Nov. I would be very grateful if this problem can be resolved, many thanks 😊.
9 REPLIES 9
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: An error has occurred message

Hey @Tiger-lily

I'm sorry for the confusion caused here. The reason you're seeing this message is because the fibre upgrade order isn't actually complete yet, and is due to complete by the end of the day today. We did request it to complete on 29/11/2021, but it was delayed due to Openreach engineer availability.

Once the order completes, and the account change on our side is done, you'll no longer see this message. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Tiger-lily
Hooked

Ok thank you for letting me know, many thanks 😊.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem at all, feel free to reach out if you have any further questions. Smiley

Adam
Tiger-lily
Hooked

Hi there.
The same 'error has occurred' message is still on my account. I've been charged out of contract for my October or November bill despite upgrading to fibre broadband before my old contract was due to end. I would be very grateful if this problem could be resolved before I'm charged out of contract for a second month.
Many Thanks.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @Tiger-lily

Thanks a lot for reaching out and I'm really sorry to see that your account is stuck in a "change in progress" phase at the moment. Unfortunately, this isn't a quick fix in your case. The acount shows a change in progress because the order to provision a fibre service onto your line is still not complete. Notes on the order state that the engineer was unable to complete the work at the time due to "incorrect copper routing".

I'd contact them for a further update, however there's an additional note on there stating that the job has been re-appointed for 06/12/2021. Once the fibre order completes, the account should be back to normal and you'll have a fibre broadband service.

I've just created an open ticket on the account, which our Provisioning Team will be monitoring for any further updates on 06/12/2021.

Adam
Tiger-lily
Hooked

Ok thank you for letting me know 😊. But will I still be charged out of contract for my December bill? The direct debit is due to leave my bank account in around a couple of weeks. Many thanks.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to us @Tiger-lily. The new contract won't apply on the account until the service goes live, the following bill date will then generate a pro rata amount for the date the new contract started, so if your bill date is before the service is due to change you will be billed for the current monthly cost on the account.

Due to the delays, I have applied a credit for you to cover the difference and sent you an email with some further information on this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Tiger-lily
Hooked

Ok, thank you, much appreciated.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

No worries, just get back to us should you have any further queries Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team