cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account question

kaspencer
Rising Star

Account question

I have "been with" Plusnet since 2003. That being so, perhaps you will forgive me if I have forgotten many of the small print items of the contract, and these may have changed anyway. So can someone with responsibility in the Plusnet organisation please inform me:

1. How many domains can be hosted on an account such as mine, without incurring further charges?
    (I current have two hosted - one is a dot com, one a dot co.uk.)

2. If I have capacity to host one more domain, where can I find a list of current registration and renewal costs, re. dot com, dot uk, and dot co.uk ?

Many thanks in advance!

KASpencer (Posted in another section, but no replies received)

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 397

Re: Account question

This https://www.plus.net/help/archive/broadband/domain-costs-and-hosting-allowances/ might help

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kaspencer
Rising Star

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately, it doesn't really completely cover my question, because I do not know which historical situation applies to my account. So I'll give more details:

- I currently have two domains regietered and hosted with PlusNet, one dot com, and one dot co dot uk.
  I pay registration and renewals for these but I have never paid hosting charges because hosting was and is
  included with my account.

- I used to have three domains hosted, but I (intentionally) let one registration lapse because it was no longer relevant.
  Interestingly, it is still tied to my account but no longer registered nor hosted.

I wish to register another domain in place of the lapsed domain, and I am assuming that my account will allow me to host it without further charge, as a replacement for the lapsed domain.

If you (or another agent, as appropriate) could possibly investigate my account type and confirm that if I register a new domain that it can be hosted with no charge, I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks

Kenneth Spencer

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 397

@kaspencer  I'm afraid I'm just a customer like yourself and so have no access to your account. I just happen to have been around for a while and knew where to find some information on legacy domain hosting.

We need one of the Plusnet staff to come along and check your account details.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kaspencer
Rising Star

Thanks, @MisterW 

I thought it would require a PlusNet operator, but I didn't whether or not you were such!

Let's hope someone passes this way soon.

All the best

Kenneth Spencer