cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Restricted?

supernoodles
Grafter

Account Restricted?

Hiya my bill was paid on the 2nd of this month but the website is still showing that i'm restricted? i called in on the 3rd to get this resolved and was told my account had no restrictions and that they would get in touch with the back end team to have them resolve it and it has still not been fixed.

I have tried to call in today to have it looked at again but was stuck in a queue for nearly an hour is this something the staff here on the forums can look into please?

Thank you in advance Smiley

44 REPLIES 44
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Account Restricted?

Hey @supernoodles

Thanks a lot for getting in touch, are you still having issues at all? I've just checked out the account and can't see anything on our end which would cause the account to be restricted?

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
supernoodles
Grafter

This is exactly what i see when i login

Capture.PNG

if i click on anything it takes me to https://www.plus.net/member-centre/billing-payments

and displays This page

Captur2e.PNG

Before the website was updated i used to go to plus.net/pay and after paying have to visit plus.net/pay a second or third time and it would say something about an error occuring and then the restriction had been lifted but i can't do that anymore

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for providing those screenshots @supernoodles

I've had a word with some of my colleagues and have been advised that it's a bit of a system issue on our end which might require manager intervention, which I'll get sorted tomorrow. In the meantime, is this issue stopping you from performing any actions on the account?

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
supernoodles
Grafter

I basically can't view anything other than the two pages in the screenshots which is fine right now as there's nothing else I need access to at the moment.

Will this be an issue every month? As I explained on the old page it was an issue every month where I had to visit plus.net/pay multiple times to remove the restrictions

Thanks again Smiley
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @supernoodles

I'm really sorry to see the issues you're having with your account. 

As Adam's not yet in the office, I've got my manager to carry out some work on your account, which I'd hope should fix. 

Could you try clearing cache & cookies or put your web browser into private browsing/incognito mode and try looking at those pages in your account again? Let me know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
supernoodles
Grafter

no change i also forgot  to mention that when i try to visit any other tab on the account page this comes up before redirecting me to the link i posted in a previous message

https://i.imgur.com/Xakhst1.png

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah that's disappointing. Sad

Could you attach the image natively into the forums? IMGUR is unfortunately blocked from us accessing internally.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
supernoodles
Grafter

oh sorry Smiley here you go

Xakhst1.png

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for the screenshot @supernoodles

Ah I've seen this error before and I'm unsure what's causing it. 

I've raised this and I'll let you know as soon as I know more. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
supernoodles
Grafter

Hiya just wondering if there was any update on this?

Can't take part in that'll brew competition while restricted it seems lol
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Heya, I'm really sorry for the delay and unfortunately all we can think of doing is to create a new account for you, which should work around the problem and fix, because we haven't got a systems team readily on hand to fix issues like these on a singular basis. I'm happy to arrange for someone to call you back to set it up, if you're happy to go ahead? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
supernoodles
Grafter

If that is the only way to fix the issue then I'm happy to go ahead.

It's a shame because when the old plus.net/pay page was available it wasn't an issue because I could just open the page a few times and the system would recognise that something was broken
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @supernoodles

Personally, I don't like the idea of creating a new account to overcome a system issue, unless absolutely necessary. 

I've discussed this with a colleague and based on what you've said about the old plus.net/pay page, that's got me thinking as there may be some correlation between retiring the that legacy page and bringing out the new online payment system, so I've raised this with a few people to try to find an avenue to have this problem investigated further. 

I can't promise a quick fix but if you're happy to hang with the issue a little longer, I'll see what I can do. Smiley

Appreciate it's stopping you from taking part in That'll Brew, and if the competition's no longer running either by the time we fix the issue or if we resort to creating a new account, I'm sure there'll be other competitions in the future though I'll do my best to get this sorted for you as soon as we can. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
supernoodles
Grafter

I am perfectly fine with waiting if it removes the need to create a whole new account my next bill is due on the 2nd of February so we basically have until then to try and get it fixed I guess as I'd assume we'll run into some issue if it isn't.

Weirdly I noticed the make a payment button is greyed out below the restriction notice so the website atleast notices that there is nothing to pay very strange issue indeed lol

If you need any further info about anything you or any other staff member are more than welcome to call me anytime to discuss any possible fixes that I can authorize my end for example the new account creation etc.

Not sure if it's worth mentioning but my last few bills were super broken on my account with the system thinking I hadn't paid my bill when I had and charges being added for late payments etc resulting in credits needing to be added I'm sure there's notes of this on my account anyway