cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using android call barring

puppethead
Dabbler

using android call barring

Anyone know how to use the android call barring features?  In particular "all incoming calls".

Its asking for a pin which I don't have, and plusnet support don't know how to provide.  I think its sometimes called a puk2 or sim2 code to enable these features.

13 REPLIES 13
wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: using android call barring

On EE the PUK1 and PUK2 defaults are reported to be 1111.

According to previous threads (https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Deafault-SIM-PIN/td-p/1392028/page/2) the default Plusnet PUK1 to allow SIM locking is 1111.

It looks like Plusnet use the EE defaults, but Plusnet SHOULD definitively know.  I would try 1111 once!

BT (on the same EE network) use 5555 and 6666 as the defaults for PUK1 and PUK2 respectively.

puppethead
Dabbler

Thanks I've tried all of those and others, it always gives the same message "network or sim card error".

I can see official guides to using the features on EE , like This , so I know the network supports it.

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Be careful though, putting the wrong pin in too many times can end up with a locked up sim card. You'll need the puk number to unlock it. If you then get that wrong more than 10 times, it locks the sim card up permanently. You'd need a new sim then.

As the defaults aren't working, just wondered if you've changed the pin number at some time from the default. Its usually the first thing I do when I get a new sim. That way no one else can play with it.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @puppethead,

I can confirm that the default SIM pin is 1111 as this isn't working, it's likely that you've changed the SIM pin at some point as @idonno has suggested.

If you can't remember what the pin was changed to, your phone will give the option to reset your pin after three failed attempts. You will need to enter the PUK code that came with the SIM.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@EmilyD  Isn't call barring a network service ? Do PlusNet actually support this ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

puppethead
Dabbler

1111 is the pin1 code, and I can lock and unlock using that,  that doesn’t work in call barring, I think this is the pin2 code, which I don’t know

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @puppethead, thanks for your message.

On the back of @MisterWs comments, I've emailed our Mobile Operations Team for clarification.

I expect an update within the next 5 working days and will update you here once I receive a response.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance in the meantime.

puppethead
Dabbler

Did you get any response to this?

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

HI @puppethead

Unfortunately, we didn't receive a response from what we can see in our inboxes. However, you can find all the information required on this function below:

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-block-all-incoming-calls

There is mention that it is 0000,1234, or 1111

Please let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards

puppethead
Dabbler

That doesn't work, it gives "network card or sim error" for all three pin codes suggested.  I guess either the code is wrong or the network doesn't support it?

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hey @puppethead

I've asked Mobile Ops for some more information. In the meantime would it be possible to confirm the handset make, model and confirm that it's updated to the latest firmware. 

puppethead
Dabbler

Its a xiaomi redmi 5 plus on the latest version.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hey @puppethead,

I've just had some clarification and this is not something we support at a network level, I'm afraid, which is why you appear to be receiving this network error.