Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no signal to take a call our make one

firebird1000
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

no signal to take a call our make one

keep having a X next to my signal bar can not  make a call our get one it is bad / as my wife is the account holder  for both sims it is good we have duel sim phones and yes had them for over 6 months so that is not the problem / you use BT (EE) as your mobile network my mother in law has phoned 10 times on both mobile phones on plusnet numbers had to ring on O2 number thank u for 2 sim phones

12 REPLIES 12
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: no signal to take a call our make one

So you have bought dual SIM phones, the EE service doesn't cover your home address but O2 does. Your reason for this post is?

From the title of this topic do you consider it to be the responsibility of Plusnet to check reception everywhere you plan to use your phone?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @firebird1000, thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your mobile service. We'd be happy to look into this for you, we would just need to pass some security questions. Would you be able to get the account holder to private message us the 5th and 14th characters from your security question as well as the last 2 digits from your sort code and account number.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
firebird1000
Rising Star

duel sim phone means i dont have to take 2 mobiles out it is all in one and worked great until a bit back my son is on ee and works ok  it just seams that 2 duel sim mobile phones can not be wrong / put the sim in my sons phone same thing happens/

japitts
Rising Star

Just to clarify, are you saying that an EE user in the same location as you, is getting better coverage than your PlusNet device?

If so, it would suggest that your son is using EE 4G-calling which does allow for additional coverage in some areas.

firebird1000
Rising Star

yes he does get better signal and no he is not using 4g calling as my sons mobile  phone is unable to use that setting as pay as u go and the phone does not let u

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Although Plusnet mobile does use the EE network, it doesn't have access to all the frequencies that direct EE subscribers enjoy, hence the variation in performance under some circumstances (and lower price!)

(Not always a lose-lose scenario, just back from a holiday in NE Wales and in several locations my Plusnet mobile signal was consistently better than my friend's Tesco (O2) mobile signal, which was sometimes non-existent.)

firebird1000
Rising Star

i have been out and could not ring my wife our son as it went right to answerphone not been able connect to the wife/ we both have no signal bar on the in side our out side of the house  / it seems not fit for purpose on both sims / good thing for duel sim phones as i would stuck miles a way from homeAngryAngry

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Caveat Emptor!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to see you're still having issues.

Feel free to PM us your details if you'd like us to take a look into this for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I have to agree with Baldrick.

Due diligence has to be excercised. I don't know when your contract started with PN Mobile or whether it's a one month or x month minimum term. However, you have/had 14 days to discover that the signal was inadequate and could have cancelled within that period. BT Mobile even offer a 30 day try it period.

I am in a poor reception area and to find an operator that worked it was simply a matter of obtaining some free payg sims from various and trying them. No need to pay anything. I tried PN Mobile and also found the mobile service in my area (that's not PN's fault)non existant, I cancelled the account within a couple of days.

If 02 works, then use them.

japitts
Rising Star

Indeed - or accept that if you want additional facilities & services to help with indoor or rural coverage, then those come with cost implications.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon  firebird1000

Just a thought you may have done it already but have you set up the APN setting for SIM 2 on your dual band phone if that's the one you are using the PlusNet sim in

You have to set each for the different providers and some dual sim phones only allow you to set 4G to one sim

These are the PlusNet setting

1. Go to Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks (or More) > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > Menu > New APN
  2. Without changing any other settings, type in the following info:

Name: EE Internet
    APN: everywhere
    Username: eesecure
    Password: secure
    MMSC: http://mms/
    MMS Proxy: 149.254.201.135
    MMS Port: 8080
    Authentication type: PAP
    APN type: If there's a choice, choose internet+mms. If the keyboard appears, type *

3. Tap Menu, then Save

Brian A