cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moved to EE data useage

andytab
Dabbler

moved to EE data useage

Moved 14 days ago to EE with Plusnet deal £6 month 5gb data.

In those 14 days EE today says i have used 2,7 gigabytes already.

I'd normally use about or less than that in whole month with Plusnet and my time online has been no different.

While i get more time try to find out whats going on anyone experiencing this notible difference,

Edit. Found something saying EE download is 100mbs and so some websites send more data knowing that. 

If so . anyone know any way to change things to slow it down as its going to run out before the month is over. 

7 REPLIES 7
pkw
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: moved to EE data useage

Speed and data usage are unrelated.

You most likely have an app that downloads data in the background, or you are not using wifi (if you previously used it).

If it's Chrome then I would recommend going into site settings and clearing sites' data.

Btw, EE has "stay connected" data so even if you run out of data, you will still be online but limited to 0.5Mbps

andytab
Dabbler

"Btw, EE has "stay connected" data so even if you run out of data, you will still be online but limited to 0.5Mbps"

thank you. that is very good to know

I have not changed any settings on phone regards wifi so something is going on. 

Saw this in another post
Says  "Do you have faster speeds than with your previous provider? Some streaming services will automatically increase quality when it detects higher connection speeds, resulting in higher data usage."

pkw
Aspiring Pro

Actually it could be that. Netflix etc, but I think youtube also.

andytab
Dabbler

Theres no EE data daily useage in app like there was in plusnet app.

So i'll not use youtube etc for couple of days to see if thats what it is,

The EE app tells you what is used only.

matthews
Rising Star

"Btw, EE has "stay connected" data so even if you run out of data, you will still be online but limited to 0.5Mbps"

I may be wrong but I believe this is a chargeable optional extra for the plans that Plusnet have recommended
pkw
Aspiring Pro

I may be wrong but I believe this is a chargeable optional extra for the plans that Plusnet have recommended

They are "Essential" plans and as such they include it.

andytab
Dabbler

thanks matthews for thinking about it. My ee app tells me its an essentials 30 day plan so fairly confident as pkw says its included.