cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Will My Plusnet Mobile Sim Arrive?

Neil_M

When Will My Plusnet Mobile Sim Arrive?

PlusNet Mobile is due to go live tomorrow (29/11/16), but I was wondering how long it will take for my sim card to arrive?

I've registered my interest, but I've not heard anything else.

My current GiffGaff tariff is due to expire tonight and I was hoping my PlusNet sim would arrive today, so I wouldn't have to purchase my GiffGaff Goodybag, saving myself £5.

There's also other questions that haven't been answered, like 'Will I be able to keep my current mobile number?' and 'Is the £10 a month offer for 4GB data permanent, or just an introductory offer?'

I'm hoping PlusNet will give us some more information too, like call charges.

Neil.

9 REPLIES 9
allanbeswick

Re: When Will My Plusnet Mobile Sim Arrive?

I'm in the same boat as you.
I haven't heard a thing since I registered my interest a week ago
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

My understanding:

PlusNet Mobile is launched tomorrow but people have only been able to register an interest up till today. You have not yet applied for a PlusNet Mobile SIM.

Hence you will have to apply for one before you receive one!

You'll have to purchase a Goodybag.

Yes, you will be able to keep your existing number - that's standard across the industry.

No - the £10 per month for 4GB/unlimited/unlimited was clearly stated as a "pre-launch" offer and will no longer be available from today. It has already been withdrawn if you go to https://www.plus.net/mobile/plans/sim-only - the 4GB/unlimited/unlimited package is now back to the standard price of £15.

However there are two less advantageous introductory deals: 2GB/1000/unlimited for £7.50 and 4GB/1500/unlimited for £10.00 (that's double data from memory for those prices).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

You should receive an email shortly which will contain instructions on how to submit your order. Alternatively, our Team have a list of those who have pre-registered and they'll make an outbound call to make sure this is processed for you. 

In terms of transferring your number, you'll need to request a PAC Code from your previous provider and this will allow us to begin the port-in process. 

Our minutes will include all UK Mobile and Landline numbers, however; you can view a list of any out of bundle charges via https://www.plus.net/help/legal/mobile-price-guide/. -Ashleigh

BST
Grafter

Looking at the details i am guessing that roaming is chargeable on all packages in Europe and not inclusive on your allowance.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's right. 

International and Roaming calls etc are not included within your bundle and it will charge extra. You can view the list here: https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/roaming-and-international-calls/

Before travelling, you'll need to contact us to activate your International and Roaming service and this will enable you to use your phone whilst abroad. -Ashleigh

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Link fixed.

BST
Grafter

Ok thanks, it was my son who was asking so i guess The plusnet mobile will not be any good for him.
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Thanks for the update, so I guess we have to be patient and await an email with the instructions on how to order. I was just a bit worried when I received nothing to confirm my interest in the offer.

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

... and if you usually use Webmail then that email might be some time coming - despite last night's alleged maintenance I still can't get a listing in my Inbox!  Ahha! It's arrived at the third attempt - my listing that is. Now I'll have to trawl through to find out whether the PlusNet email is there.

....................   It isn't    Undecided

cyrix2000
Dabbler

From June 2017 roaming will be "free" (in the meaning of counted against your monthly minutes/data volume) within the EU (https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/roaming-tariffs).

So as long as the UK is still an EU member plus.net will have to implement this regulation, too.