Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use data whilst roaming in the EU

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 398

Re: Unable to use data whilst roaming in the EU

I wasn't saying that lack of roaming is unusual, as you say , there are quite a number of cases that were unresolved.

What is unusual, in your case, is that data roaming works in a different phone. I can't recall seeing that before, usually data roaming doesn't work in any phone.

A number of the more recent cases, when investigated by the PN help team, have been diagnosed as an incorrect account setting, which may (or may not) have been due to the Smart Cap limit having been reached previously on the account.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting in touch @Anvil-chorus.

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid there isn't much we can do regarding this if you're back in the country as we'd need examples within the past 24 to 48 hours for our mobile operations team to investigate.

If the issue happens again when you're abroad please let us know and we'll be able to investigate the fault further at that moment in time

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Anvil-chorus

Hi Matthew
Thank you for your sorrow.
You're right I cannot assist with resolving Plus.Net's service issue having returned to the UK.
I recommended other users think carefully about relying on Plusnet to provide the service they offer when users are abroad.
I am moving to a UK operator that provided a reliable service to those I travelled with.
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@MisterW wrote:

A number of the more recent cases, when investigated by the PN help team, have been diagnosed as an incorrect account setting, which may (or may not) have been due to the Smart Cap limit having been reached previously on the account.

Which should be a relatively simple and first port of call for the Service Provider to check given the regularity of the issue, rather than expecting a customer to jump through hoops while on holiday abroad.

Of course a customer should first simply reset/check their APN and roaming/roving options on the phone, but at the same time, it seems clear PN should be checking the 'profiles which have apparently repeatedly been the cause of the issue should be checked.

I recall one incident where PN staff here were claiming that a customer hadn't done xxx because they could see he hadn't ... yet the customer supplied screen prints showed exactly what the customer was saying. Clearly indicating that the PN system was looking at / set to the wrong phone/sim/profile.

No apology was given to my knowledge.

Also any claims that connections abroad in developed nations are in any way 'temperamental, through any fault other than Plusnets is not just ridiculous, its disgraceful that a support member should fob a customer off so.

Foreign connections are temperamental so its nowt to do with plusnet.

I think NOT.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots