Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access 4G services whilst roaming

FIXED
skeg0
Dabbler

Re: Unable to access 4G services whilst roaming

I imported from o2 to Plusnet about 3 weeks ago and am only limited to 3G in countries that still have it (France). When travelling through Netherlands and Germany (where I am currently) I have only E (2G). So not necessarily linked to previous provider then it seems
arkitect
Dabbler

I'm not sure it is an EE issue.
I came over from Giffgaff O2 and my roaming is abysmal.
The solution lies with Plusnet.
JW4
Hooked

Hi all,

Have just arrived in France and, having switched from 3 to Plusnet to benefit from roaming with no extra charge, was disappointed to find that I don’t get 4G anywhere. Then found this thread.

@Gandalf @adamwalker - I’m in France for the next month so will happily help. But…please do all you can to escalate this issue as Plusnet is basically not providing the service it has sold me.

I’ll send 2 more posts to be able to PM you
JW4
Hooked

Message #2
JW4
Hooked

Message #3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Sorry for the delay everyone.

We're still looking into this and once I've got an update I can share, I'll let you know. Atm I don't have anything substantial. 

Really sorry for the difficulties with getting online while abroad. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JW4
Hooked

Thanks @Gandalf - did you get my PM offering to help your techies understand what is going on while I’m in France for the next month?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the offer. We don't need anymore examples at the moment, but will let you know if that changes. Smiley

Have a good time away in France! 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kenknight

HI @Gandalf, do you know if there is a workaround for this issue?  For example, for those customers who ported their number in, would being issued with a new number by Plusnet fix the issue?  Has this been tried?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

There’s no workaround we’re aware of and I don’t know if changing your number will fix the issue, but I can ask the question when I’m back in the office on Wednesday. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JW4
Hooked

From my perspective, I don’t think a different number makes a difference. In my first two days in France I was on my new/temporary number from Plusnet with only 3G. My old number then ported across fine, but no change in network availability.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

I suggest that your observation is most helpful.  Who is the range holder of your ported number?

Where did your number come from?

It might help to profile this issue by knowing the original network owner for your phone number. You can find the range holder for your phone number here - UK Phone Number Range Holders

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JW4
Hooked

Thanks. Originally with Vodafone - the range holder on the link you posted - but moved last week from 3.

Hope that helps…
superpp71
Dabbler

Just found this forum.

My wife & I moved to Plusnet a few weeks ago as one of the last providers with EU roaming still included.

We've just had a long weekend in Germany and the mobile was awful.

Travelled through Frankfurt, Berlin and Dusseldorf, never had anything better than 'E' which only allowed SMS and voice calls. Data was none-existent, we really struggled as couldn't get emails as required or view maps, book tickets etc..

Seems to be a well known problem that has been ongoing for months, not happy.

How is this 'Roam like Home'? Can a new contract be cancelled on this basis?

martin2345uk
Dabbler

This should absolutely be grounds for cancelling a contract!