cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to end mobile account.

mac51
Grafter

Trying to end mobile account.

Sorry to have to raise this here. I'm still with Plusnet for broadband but moved my mobile to another provider. The number was ported to O2 on 11 July. I have had nothing from Plusnet about the account closing.

I found that I could not access my mobile account for information, so emailed mobile-help@plus.net on 31 July. So far there has been no response but yesterday I got a billing email which does not recognise that the account is closed. A month's bill was taken on 17 July, after the service had already transferred to O2.

Can someone please ask for this to be resolved?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Re: Trying to end mobile account.

Hey there @mac51 I will send you a PM to get this looked into.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
mac51
Grafter

Thanks, Will. I've responded to that.

jamsey66
Rising Star

Hi I have the same problem as @mac51 switched over to EE and the PN mobile account hasn't been deleted

beamer

I’ve done this it does take on about 2 month to stop billing you but they do reemburse you on the final payment just keep your direct debit open till they have done

mac51
Grafter

Thanks. It has in fact ground through the process now and I have a refund in the bank. The main point that concerned/irked me was that there was absolutely no recognition from PlusNet by way of a routine email, or note on the account that it had now been closed, and explaining the process for closure and returning any credit 

As a consequence, there are lots of enquiries taking up the time of the excellent support staff here and in other support roles. It just seems wasteful and annoying for customers who try to work out what's happening by making support calls etc..

mac51
Grafter

And just to prove that nothing really changes, I received another bill yesterday for my mobile which has been transferred to another provider since 11 July. 

The bill is for zero usage, and I have a refund for credit owed, but it shows that my account is presumably still open as an operational account. Still there has been no recognition from Plusnet that the account has been closed.

I think Franz Kafka once wrote a novel about trying to escape from Plusnet's systems.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

@mac51 wrote:

I received another bill yesterday for my mobile which has been transferred to another provider since 11 July. 

The bill is for zero usage, and I have a refund for credit owed, but it shows that my account is presumably still open as an operational account. Still there has been no recognition from Plusnet that the account has been closed.

That's normal for a terminated mobile account as it's the systems way of saying there's nothing further owed and should be the last billing email you receive. Appreciate the communication could be clearer though. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet