cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TopCashback and plusnet

N1cky

TopCashback and plusnet

oh how i love the plusnet advert, whats more annoying than having your broadband price increased mid term ?

well plus net ordering a sim from top cashback then not having it track then PLUSNET refusing the cashback and topcashback washing their  hands of it, or ordering a sim have it not track then topcashback saying theres no record of it

all the time plusnet have you tied into a 12 month deal

anybody else find this Annoying, my virgin sim tracked ok and my bt sim must just be plusnet then oh how annoying   

12 REPLIES 12
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: TopCashback and plusnet

Hi @N1cky, thanks for getting in touch. 

I'm really sorry for the issues you've had with your cashback. We'd be happy to look into this for you, could you please PM:

- your full name & confirmation that you are the account holder
- your full address including postcode
- the mobile number in question?

Once you've sent the PM, please do let us know via this post here so we can pick it up.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Tigger17
Grafter

Going through a similar issue. Mine tracked, but at £0. Put a claim in and still waiting responce from Plusnet (who have tried to help on here)

Topcashback cant decide if they think the transaction was valid as I already had a mobile account and was adding a second.

I'll report back when I get a decision - mine is also a 12month lock-in, not 30 day rolling. Conincidence?

DeliriousHenri
Hooked

Also 12mo contract but via Quidco, declined.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/65-Quidco-Plusnet-Mobile-Declined/td-p/1702586

Hmm, Plusnet falsely advertising deals on cashback sites it seems.

1. Clean portable browser used.
  2. Disabled option on incognito to block third party cookies
  3. This time, I had enough of TCB declining purchases with dodgy retailers like PC World, so I used Quidco, have never had a problem with them until today...

Order confirmationOrder confirmationTracking affiliationTracking affiliationDisclaimerDisclaimerTOSTOSDeal pageDeal pageDeclined on websiteDeclined on websiteEmail reasoning 'not recognised Quidco' ???Email reasoning 'not recognised Quidco' Huh

Is there is some affiliation issue with your advertising network?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Tigger17 could you drop me a PM with your username please so I can have a look into that for you? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Tigger17
Grafter

Hopefully mine was sorted by Gandalf last week (thanks again), but Topcashback are dragging their feet and so far not confirmed anything on my account

N1cky

I have PM plusnet so will let them have a look into the issue that seems to be growing, my daughter came home from uni and I asked her to look at here cashback, shocker it hadn’t tracked and now was over 100 days old so no chance of getting that back, now my friend who we signed up for and ordered in Oct last year still has not had his plusnet cashback, and it’s not just the fact that you don’t get the cashback, the referrals don’t track as there is no cashback claim approved

surely this is mis selling as you are being offered and incentive to take out a certain contract with a certain company and then the incentive is taken away or declined for some obscure reason

DeliriousHenri
Hooked

Hi @N1cky I had my cashback sorted fairly quickly by the legendary @Gandalf around here, there is a issue with cashback getting recognised at £0.00 but Plusnet do seem to acknowledge the issue which is very good 😊

There are reasons like opening other sites could potentially insert their marketing affiliation cookies instead of the cashback site or the recent privacy changes to Chrome and Firefox which can block third party trackers.

I did try to avoid those issues by disabling the privacy protection settings in a clean browser before starting the cashback but still had the issue.

If you have made a claim with the cashback affiliate, provide Plusnet with the details including the date of purchase, order id from email address and anything to help you out with the problem.

As far as I am aware Plusnet's handling of the issue is very good. I couldn't get PC World to pay my cashback on my laptop two years ago - they just kept on saying cashback isn't guaranteed and this is something you have to consider with these affiliate sites. That was TCB with proof of receipts, now with Quidco claiming they did all they could to try and get cashback from plusnet when they clearly had the cookie information if it was 'tracked' at £0.00. Anyway if it wasn't for this post I would have called it a day. 😉
Tigger17
Grafter

My cashback has also been sorted by Gandalf. Top guy, as Topcashback were suggesting I didn't comply with the offer (when I knew I did)

Wish there were more agents like him at other companies, especially the travel industry!

Even got an extra surprise in the form of a block of chocolate delivered by Royal Mail 24, for the wait.

Customer service at its best

Mike

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the kind words @Tigger17 much appreciated and I'm glad to see you like the chocolate 😁 no problem at all. 

Feel free to let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

Cheers -Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
N1cky

Glad you all got it sorted 

I got zero help from plusnet or topcashback, to be honest I didn’t expect it and am now starting to believe that all the good results here are just fake customers ?Huh

we now have three refusals so three contracts plusnet have deceived us over, sorry plusnet but I’ll not be using you again once these contracts end 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @N1cky,

I'm sorry for the poor experience that you have had in regards to your cashback. I have checked with my colleague and, unfortunately, the private message hasn't come through to our side. Please can you send the following details to me over private message and then drop us another message on here so that we can make sure this is picked back up:

- your full name & confirmation that you are the account holder
- your full address including postcode
- the mobile number in question

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Tigger17
Grafter

N1cky,

I can assure you I'm not fake, and the help I received from Anoush at Plusnet, was far in excess of that from Topcashback.

From what I've read, there has been some issues with affiliates, but mine did track - at £0.

Topcashbacks interpretation of the transaction was I didn't comply with that required by Plusnet's T&C. I disagreed.

Plusnet sorted it for me, and were always positive in their responses - thats all I can say.

Stick with it, if Plusnet are still listening to you, hopefully it will end positively for you.

Mike