cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting emails from Plusnet after having left.

sandx
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Still getting emails from Plusnet after having left.

I left Plusnet mobile to another provider in January 2024 but I still get emailed ‘Your Latest Bill is now available’ emails from Plusnet showing a balance of £0. I can’t use My Account anymore cos obviously that has been closed.

I requested my PAC code and moved across successfully so why do I keep getting these emails?

And how can I stop these emails? 

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
G6JPG-0
Rising Star

Re: Still getting emails from Plusnet after having left.

I don't know how effective it would be, but - if you're SURE you will never need to communicate with PlusNet again - you could (politely!) request of them, invoking data protection legislation, that they delete any record of your email from anywhere in their various systems, specifically including their billing system. I can see no reason for them keeping it that they could show the ICO.

(I suspect they won't have a mechanism for responding to such a request.)

Ideally, make the request from a different email address, such as a gmail one; if you need to mention the email in question within the communication, mangle it, saying how to de-mangle. (E. g., replace the @ with # or similar.)

Be polite - any difficulty will not be the responsibility of the unfortunate who receives your request.

If no success, repeat but start with "please forward to legal department" or similar - but don't do that at first.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@G6JPG-0 wrote:

I don't know

@G6JPG-0  please stop with the overly complicated replies.

Whilst there appears to be a hiccup with the ops account, PN should just be able to close the account. It may need staff intervention is all.

The above would suffice.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 13

@sandx  could just setup an auto delete rule in their email client.

As for data protection I've given up worrying  about who knows what about me. I even suspect that someone, somewhere has a record of what I've done tomorrow........

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@sandx 

To be clear, have you received more than one bill advising that the balance is £0?

It might take several billing cycles to...

• Advise you of the final bill
  • Process the final payment / credit
  • Confirm that the balance is £0 - after which the account should just close

If you have had more than one £0 balance "bill" then that is a new experience.  I have added this to the discussion on post migration billing.  Most of this perception arises from the account close down process - described above.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

See here for the exit FAQs - Plusnet Mobile is joining forces with EE | Plusnet Mobile

Until you leave you'll be billed as normal. When you switch to EE or another provider, we’ll cancel your service. We’ll let you know if there’s any outstanding charges and the date you’ll need to pay these.

You can find out if any fees apply and details about your contract by:

• Texting INFO to 85075
  • Calling us for free on 500 from your Plusnet mobile
  • Calling us on 0800 079 1133 from any other phone

Once your new EE SIM has been fully activated and your number has transferred, your Plusnet Mobile account will close, so there’s no need to get in touch.

If you pay by Direct Debit, don’t cancel this just yet, as we’ll pay any refunds you may be owed direct to your bank account.

We’ll send you an invoice to confirm any refunds or outstanding payment you may owe. You’ll also get another invoice when your balance is £0.

Have you had more than one £0 balance invoice ("bill")?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sandx
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

I have had 4 bills since I moved away from Plusnet. BTW I did not move to EE.

The first 2 said I was in credit and sent me a cheque. Because I had cancelled the direct debit. Then the next 2 bills say i owe £0 so they won’t be debiting my account!

ok i will see how many more zero bills i get till Plusnet gets itself up to date.

I don’t want to hide or delete emails in case something is very wrong and it needs me to get it sorted.