cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still being billed for sim cancelled in July

gruitt
Hooked

Still being billed for sim cancelled in July

As per title, I'm still being billed for a sim I cancelled in July.

I've contacted Plusnet three times about this now, the latest being this afternoon (29th October).

First call, apologies given, "we'll get it sorted etc etc.". 

Second call, further apologies, "previous agent hasn't closed it properly, we'll get it sorted etc etc. and refund you".

Third call, (3.39pm today) very little concern "I'll get the latest payment refunded and see about the others". Huh

I asked to speak to the manager who had just very kindly agreed to refund my money but alas, they weren't taking any calls.

I was offered a call back within the hour from a manager but didn't receive one until 7.22pm, at which point I was unable to take the call.

What's going on?!  Is this standard for Plusnet mobile? You've got my money and you keep taking my time.  I'm sick of calling and listening to the horrendous hold music to be told it'll be fixed, but then it's not...

11 REPLIES 11
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Still being billed for sim cancelled in July

Hi @gruitt, thanks for getting in touch. I'm disappointed you've not received the service we pride ourselves on and apologise for the frustration it must have caused you.

So that I can assist you further could you drop me a PM with your full address and postcode so I can locate your account. Just let me know on here once you've done that.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Topic moved to a more appropriate board.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
gruitt
Hooked

I have PM'd you with details requested.

I'd be grateful if you could get this rectified as it has become a farce.

Thank you.

gruitt
Hooked

I haven't heard anything about this since sending the PM you requested.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've now replied via PM @gruitt.

gruitt
Hooked

I've not heard anything since your PM 3 weeks ago and STILL haven't had my money returned.  As far as I'm concerned Plusnet have had more than their fair share of opportunities to rectify this.  I will be seeking to recover my losses via small claims court.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @gruitt, I am sorry for the lack of contact in relation to this. I have now replied via PM. - Maddy

gruitt
Hooked

I have not been billed since 18th October but have not yet been refunded any of my money.  

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @gruitt, sorry to hear this issue is still ongoing. You will be refunded once the issue has been fully resolved, this is so that we can arrange a refund that is fair and proportionate to the issue at hand.

gruitt
Hooked

I still do not have my refund.  Your customer "service" disgusts me.  All talk, no action.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @gruitt,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're still awaiting your refund. As it has been some time since we have looked into this from the social media side, we'll need to run through the data protection checks before we can access the account.

Please can you send me a private message with your full name, your full address including the postcode and the mobile number that was linked to the cancelled SIM? Please comment on here again once you've done this, to ensure that this gets picked back up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team