cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Port

nigelp

Split Port

I've just joined plusnet and I've ported my number over from another network. Unfortunately the porting hasn't worked properly and my sim card is giving out two different numbers - the correct ported number and the incorrect original temporary number on the SIM. I believe this is known as a split port.

I phoned up customer services 10 days ago. They told me they would forward the issue to the porting team and it should be resolved in a few days and they would get back in contact. I received an email from them on 6th October confirming the problem, and stating that I would get an update by 6th October (!).

I've heard nothing so I phoned up today. Customer services told me they could see nothing on my account. They said they would contact the porting team to find out what was going on, and that they would get back to me within 5 days to tell me what was happening. 

I shouldn't have to wait 10 days to get the porting issue resolved. I shouldn't have to wait another 5 days for information about how the issue is being resolved. 

I'd like to know what action has been taken so far to resolve this issue, and I'd like this issue fixed within a few days.