cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not arrived.

LongshanksUK

SIM not arrived.

I've got to say, at this time I'm wondering why I switched to Plusnet. After waiting several days for my three SIM cards (I switched mine and my two kids numbers), only two have arrived. 

As a result of this and the impending mail strikes and bank holiday, my daughter is without a phone for the next 5 days at least. This kind of sucks when her Christmas present is a phone!

Why on earth do you switch accounts over before delivering SIM's? My experience of other mobile providers is that they seem to manage to make it look like childs play.

To add insult to injury, my three accounts have been running down for five days now, so I'm paying for your fairly amateurish service.

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 422

Re: SIM not arrived.

@LongshanksUK wrote:

Why on earth do you switch accounts over before delivering SIM's? My experience of other mobile providers is that they seem to manage to make it look like childs play.

I believe that the system is that if you request a number transfer at the same time as you sign up then the SIM is sent out by first class post and the number swapped over a day or two later. This is an automatic process currently stymied by a significant portion of the nation deciding not to go to work.

Whenever I swap mobile providers I always get the SIM card with a temporary number in my hand and check that it works before embarking on the number transfer.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Totally agree with Baldrick1.

I know this must be frustrating but it is never a good idea to submit a P.A.C. before receiving and confirming function of a s.i.m. from the new provider.

LongshanksUK

Unfortunately, it isn't obviously a choice in the online purchase procedure. With hindsight, yes it is possible however it is inexcusable to start charging for the service when the SIM clearly hasn't been registered. At the earliest possible date to receive the SIM, one third of the month will have been "spent". The other two accounts have lost four days.

There is a simple way Plusnet could avoid this however when you look at the sheer number of posts citing the same issue, it is plainly obvious that Plusnet are happy for their customers to disadvantaged by this persistent failure. This level of customer service is a long way short of good.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 422

@LongshanksUK wrote:

.... it is inexcusable to start charging for the service when the SIM clearly hasn't been registered.

Do you have evidence that this is the case? I don't know about mobile but fixed broadband accounts do not start their billing month until the service is up and running.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 100

Unfortunately it is the case that we charge when it is activated, however we will credit the amount due to the royal mail strikes because it's taking ages so let us know when you receive it and I will sort it Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team