cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming questions.

plazmaduck
Dabbler

Roaming questions.

I've looked at the roaming Q's & A's, but have question's that may seem obvious to others. I'm going to be in Greece before too long, my question's are (1) What would be my charges from Greece to another English person in Greece (2) What would be the cost of calling a Greek phone whilst in Greece? I'm guessing both would be classed as non roaming and calls p/m to Greece would apply?

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Roaming questions.

No, both calls would be included in your allowance. When roaming in an EU country, calls to any EU destination, including both the home country and the country you are in, are included in your allowance.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plazmaduck
Dabbler

Thanks.
What about a call from the UK to Greece then? Both EU countries but I was billed an extra £5 this month - in all honesty I didn't look to see what the extra was for, but can't think of anything else but a short call to Greece.

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

My understanding is that the arrangements only apply when roaming in the EU - if you are phoning from the UK you are not roaming so will be liable for the appropriate call charges to that country.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

That's correct, JayG.

You can find the call charges for calling Greece at the following link: https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/roaming-and-international-calls/.

Greece is a band 1 country, and I've replicated the UK charges below. Any other questions, please give me a shout Smiley

Destination Making calls Receiving calls Text message Answer phone Data MMS (incl. Picture message)
Price Per min* ** Per second* ** Per text* Per min* ** Per MB* *** Per message*
Band 1 £1.00 - 21p n/a - n/a
Band 2 £1.00 - 21p n/a - n/a
Band 3 £1.50 - 21p n/a - n/a
Band 4 £2.00 - 21p n/a - n/a
Band 5 £2.00 - 21p n/a - n/a
Band 6 £2.00 - 21p n/a - n/a
Band 7 £2.00 - 21p n/a - n/a
Band 8 £2.00 - 21p n/a - n/a
Band 9 50p - 21p n/a - n/a