Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming and Smart Cap Limit

meb
Dabbler

Roaming and Smart Cap Limit

Hi

I just want to check Roam like home would still work even if my smart cap is used up.

I set my smart cap to zero and got an email saying "Urgent – you have reached your Smart Cap" and a list of unavailable services which include Roaming. Can you clarify this would just affect roaming outside of "Roam like home" or do I need a higher smart cap to use Roam like home even if it shouldn't use any of it up?

Thanks

Martin

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Roaming and Smart Cap Limit

Hi Martin,

Assuming you still have the appropriate allowance left for what you’re wanting to do (make calls, send texts, use data) Roam like at Home should carry on working.

Let me know if there are any issues though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
meb
Dabbler

Hi

yeah I still have the full 14GB Data as its just reset for the month, just wanted to make sure the smart cap didn't stop me using it roaming as the email doesn't make it clear

Cheers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Makes sense. No problem, thanks for the confirmation @meb let me know if there’s anything else you’d need help with 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet