cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement SIM activation

MFW
Hooked

Replacement SIM activation

I’m new to Plusnet. The signing up process was easy and within a day or so I had received several useful emails about my account and what to do. However the SIM card didn’t arrive. After waiting for 4 days, I called and got a replacement sim sent out.

The new sim arrived on Saturday with instructions to call an 0800 number. I called it and went through all the security questions before being told that the activation system isn’t working at the moment and to call back but with no time frame?Huh

I called back a few hours later and again went through all the security questions before again being told the activation system is not working at the moment and I would have to call again?? This time, I’m told realistically not until Monday!! I’m also told this is because Plusnet uses a 3rd party to do this and it’s outside of Plusnet’s control.

In the meantime my ‘account’ is active and I’m being charge for something I haven’t got? This doesn’t make sense, or is it me?Huh
34 REPLIES 34
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: Replacement SIM activation

Hello @MFW

I am deeply sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your mobile service.

We understand there has been an issue with our system in activating SIM swaps and activating new SIM cards this weekend which has impacted some accounts.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

As advised, please call our Mobile Support team on 150 through your Plusnet mobile, they will be able to assist you with this matter.

We are happy to check the status of your account and make sure you are billed accordingly. If you can private message me the following details:-

- Your full name

- Your full home address, including your postcode

- Your mobile number

Once you have sent me a Private Message, please comment on this thread so we can further assist you.

Best wishes.

MFW
Hooked

Thanks Dumbledore

I’ve just called your customer service team again on the 0800 number. I don’t have an active Plusnet mobile as this is the first SIM I’d received on my new contract. The first one never arrived!

I’m told there is a serious problem and you don’t know how long it will take for the system to be up and running. Whilst I’m frustrated that is the case, I’m more horrified that the onus is on me, the customer to keep ringing back to check if the system is fixed or not????

I’m paying for something I can use!
Tags (1)
MFW
Hooked

I’m paying for something I *can’t* use!
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@MFW wrote:
I’m more horrified that the onus is on me, the customer to keep ringing back to check if the system is fixed or not????

Yes. That is the Plusnet way.

@MFW wrote:
I’m paying for something I can't use!

Yes, That is the Plusnet way.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
NTS

I'm in exactly the same position except this is my 3rd SIM card.

I signed up on February 1 and still don't have a working SIM card. I got told yesterday to phone back today, just phoned today and got told to phone back 'after 3... or maybe 4'. Got the impression that the lady on the phone had absolutely no idea what was happening.

MFW
Hooked

NTS

I can’t believe you’re on your 3rd sim since 1st February! Are you saying you’re not connected to Plusnet’s network at all?

I think an open ended request for the customer to call back is not acceptable considering the problem is at their end.

At least I’m within my 14 days cooling off period and still connected to my old network, who has incidentally offered a bigger discount to keep me with them.
NTS

Yes, the first 2 SIM cards didn't arrive. The 3rd has arrived and it just says 'No Service' on my phone. No idea when they'll be able to activate it. The good news is that it's only a 30 day contract, if it's not resolved tomorrow I'll cancel it and hopefully not have to pay anything given the pain so far.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @MFW & @NTS,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm afraid we are unable to offer any further information. At present we have an issue that is not allowing us to activate sims, we do not have a eta on it just yet, however, rest assured we are actively working on this.

Thank you.

MFW
Hooked

@Mads

Would you let us know as soon as it’s fixed, rather than wasting our time calling in not knowing if the system is fixed?? Seems more sensible. That way, your colleagues at customer services wouldn’t be faced with the same calls and having to give the same answers. Surely it’s a win win?
amrishism

Hi Mads,
Plwase let your tech team know that this is the issue with the batch numbers uploaded. I bet all the users complaining have a prefix as 0 before the bar code on top of the sim card holder.
The batch file may have not been uploaded correctly ,i.e. using an excel file instead of .csv during provisioning and thus no ICCID recognition and thus no SIM activation.
Please tell your tech team to re upload the batch files for batch number 0990454 200000 - whatever.
My services are stuck as well thus providing the resolution .
amrishism

It seems the forum help team have left for the day 9-5 routine.
JKM_2912

@MFW wrote:
NTS

I can’t believe you’re on your 3rd sim since 1st February! Are you saying you’re not connected to Plusnet’s network at all?

I think an open ended request for the customer to call back is not acceptable considering the problem is at their end.

At least I’m within my 14 days cooling off period and still connected to my old network, who has incidentally offered a bigger discount to keep me with them.

I'm hoping to come over over on Thursday to take advantage of  a 3GB offer at £8.50 + Reward card  but will have to look elsewhere if  the activation issue is not resolved unfortunately....I hope it can be resolved soon as PN prices are competitive  for SIM deals....

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@MFW wrote:
@Mads

Would you let us know as soon as it’s fixed,

LOL. If only.

The support here will not have a clue what you or @amrishism are talking about,

and would be able to do absolutely nothing about it if they did, and probably unwilling to even if they could.

... Thats regarding both fixing the tech issue and the even more obscure mystical art of 'notifying customers'

My pacs being submitted to new supplier tomorrow

Its more money, for nominally 'less' - but its already proved it just works.

PN have proven time after time - theirs simply can't be relied on from one week to the next, and next, and next.

Just hoping I dont get the 'PN continued to bill after left then try to trash credit rating' issue

- I've hit a fair few plusnet issues on the way down. Nowhere near all, and happily not many of the worst like this issue and split ports and no 4g data that drag on for months for some.

* Problems with initial sim and people not being able to call the number, even other EE resellers

* I Foolishly ported number when that eventually cleared after about 5 weeks just before I was going to port out

- not the worst of PN's porting issues, but delays (I should have ported it to my ASDA PAYG sim - hindsight's a bitch)

* Constant delays and no service on even on the handful of times I've really needed it - so God knows how many times it wasn't available when it wasn't urgent.

* 'Customer Service' is a complete and Utter disgrace

-  from expecting customers to just keep ringing back to see if there is any update 

- to requested PM's with your id details ignored, sometimes again and again (hi Mads and others)

* Service status never updated

- so Massive phone queues constantly when you have and issue - due to constant issues with service - and constant failure to update status page

Shockingly bad.

Pay a bit more and get a service that actually works when you need it.

My 'backup' ASDA payg sim with an occasional tenner put on it became a necessity..

Better signal, better reliability (despite also being EE), it just works.

Just need to rescue my long time number from PN.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
MFW
Hooked

@Dumbledore

You asked me to PM you and I did that at 11.21am yesterday. The lack of response here or on PM speaks volumes of the PN world.

As I said in my PM, we’re in the middle of moving 3 contracts over, one is already up and running but porting is not complete, after 5 days(?), this one with a sim that can’t be activated and the 3rd never got further than the order process, apparently stuck with your ops department. So you will likely be losing 3 contracts later today!