cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from EE to Plusnet

Northboromack

Porting from EE to Plusnet

Porting from EE to Plusnet Nightmare

Hope someone can help here. I've checked other entries on this forum and it would appear that you can port your mobile number from from EE to Plusnet (even though they are on the same network). However, after speaking to EE customer services they are adamant that I cannot. They've stated the only options I have to keep my number are to either (a) stay with EE (not what I want) or (b) if I definitely want to be with Plusnet then I need to take out a SIM or contract with a non-EE network operator, port my code to them via the PAC, then cancel that, then take out a Plusnet SIM, and then port from the new operator to Plusnet with the PAC they supply (!!!!). This seems completely nuts and wonder if anyone else has experienced this? 

Unfortunately (for me) I've already taken out 2 Plusnet SIMS and am now paying both EE and Plusnet. Am I stuck?

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Porting from EE to Plusnet

Hi Northboromack!!

I am very sorry to hear that you have been advised this by EE, as this is not correct at all.

You can, very easily, port your number from EE to Plusnet, and we have plenty of customers who have done this in the past. I would suggest getting back in touch with EE and asking for your PAC again, as they do legally need to provide you with this within 2 days of your request for it.

Then, once your new Plusnet SIMs arrive, give us a call on 500 free from your SIM, use the Live Chat facility at plus.net, or send me a PM on here and we can get this port-in requested Smiley

If you need any further assistance in the meantime, also, just send me a PM and I will be more than happy to help Smiley

-Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

They're on the same physical network, but I guess apart from that EE and PlusNet are independent.

Ask EE for PAC codes from the numbers you wish to move, and then provide them to PlusNet.

They should be able to deal with it, your EE SIMs will stop working which will also cancel your EE accounts.

Northboromack

Great. Thank you for the quick reply! I'll get the PAC codes off them and give it a go.