Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Mobile - total shutdown

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: Plusnet Mobile - total shutdown

And thereby enforce the increased prices of the "Special Offer" packages - without giving customers any choice? (To accept or leave).
gbhxu

No, they'd have to honor existing contracts

peterhr
Rising Star

Mine is a rolling 30 day contract - that means I could be terminated with 30 days notice.

I think this is a foolish move on the part of BT Group thinking the customers will be loyal to them on this one way street.  The cost of removing the sale of mobile to new customers and just covering the old ones from the BT/EE call centre would be negligible.

Lebara here I come.

Tell me if I'm reading too much between the lines here - PlusNet have no VOIP service to migrate customers too when copper based landline services end 2025.  Is this because PlusNet will not be offering any services when that happens - the brand will have been closed down with the intention (hope) on migrating the users to EE.

gspn
Grafter

@ashn wrote:

Deals are up. Pretty poor considering. https://www.plus.net/mobile/

5GB for £8, 10GB for £10, 20GB for £12 and 125GB for £15

Got multiple Plusnet SIMs?

To switch more than one Plusnet SIM to EE, just give us a call. We’ll get you sorted and set you up on your exclusive EE deals.

Call 0800 079 1133

Has anyone checked what "exclusive" deals are available for customers with multiple SIMs?

peterhr
Rising Star

Check out the deals on EU Roaming under the EE deals 🙄

In addition to my previous post - how long have I been a PlusNet customer? 

Right from the start when I believe Action Direct created an internet company called PlusNet - when a 9600 baud modem was a fast connection.  Action / PlusNet was bought from BT around the same time they bought Dabs Direct ... Action  was put with Dabs Direct, PlusNet was the jewel in that acquisition.  Dabs used to be the go to company for computer bits - it's now gone.

Lesson not learnt.

alan659882
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Well, this is a shame. I've been with PlusnetMobile for ages and never had a problem with them.

The EE 'Deals' are not much use to me - I'm a lowish data user and even 5Gb is way too much to pay £8/month for.

AND No EU Roaming included?

1pMobile looks like about the best bet for me, still on EE and I'll get the extra frequency bands that Plusnet can't use.

ashn
Dabbler

From what I can tell their deals are worse than what most people would have on Plusnet. I can't see any logic to it as it seems they're just pushing customers away to non-EE networks.

It seems almost insulting when looking at the deals BT Broadband customers are offered, particularly given this is them inconveniencing us.
Dirkdiggler
Grafter

Agreed. In my case there me, my parents and my partner who were all plusnet and now moving to other providers and not EE. Primarily because of the roaming charge. Shooting themselves in the foot I think... I'm just signing up for 1pmobile now and it's the roaming that does it.
orby
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

When you move over to EE using the special Plusnet deals, do you get the EE perks like 6 months free Apple TV and Apple music?

My wife is on Plusnet mobile and I'm already with EE and wonder if I mover her over to EE, if I'll get those freebies. 

I was really hoping for a £6 EE option   Cheesy

Protech
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Just come to the end of my 12mth contract and am trying to find out what my options are.
Where are the special EE deals for current customers? Tried calling 500 during office hrs today and no response after 20mins! Have the support staff gone already 😉
You can check out but you can never leave ( easily)
peterhr
Rising Star

Are you already missing plusnet uk based support as you approach EE?

plusnet mobile Web pages have links to EE offers for plusnet customers,  you just have to squirm through hoops to see them.

gspn
Grafter

Was called yesterday by EE for ordering 2 SIMs

The only exclusive offer they had was 1x 10GB SIM for £10 and another 10GB SIM for £9. - it's not brilliant.

However, there is a promotion with their EE broadband, where each SIM gets extra 5GB data and their broadband costs looks reasonable.

Dirkdiggler
Grafter

They do offer 20% discount if you are already an EE customer but that's usually on existing deals which are expensive anyway. I didn't bother investigating if that would apply off the "special offers" they are giving to old plusnet customers but I doubt it. Again it's the roaming for me. My 1pmobile SIM is enroute and PAC from plusnet obtained for our 2 plusnet Sims and I will have to sort out my parents at the weekend. If they had any sense they would have just ported us over with same benefits and then tried to persuade us to stay long term. As it is there's no incentive. Ultimately less money in their coffers from the decisions they have made as most people jumping ship (even though I'm going to 1p it's not a EE company like plusnet was so they will make less money out of me!).
lyndonp
Grafter

I first heard about this on Monday from the MSE regular email they send out. I had noticed PN weren't accepting new customers when I was looking to move my wife from EE PAYG to a cheap sim only contract a couple of weeks ago.

I looked at EE for her and their standard prices are ridiculous. In the end I set her up with Smarty as our son switched from PN last year and hasn't had an issue and the Gb per £ is very good, plus EU roaming, 5G etc.

I'd looked at lebara and the otthes recommended on MSE but Smarty seems good.

I've just looked at the EE "special" prices for PN customers. They are absolute pants. Why would anybody choose them?

I'll probably also go with Smarty but I don't want to swap yet as my monthly contract has only just rolled over and going on holiday when the next month rolls over and really could do without the hassle untl I am back.

I just wish PN would come out and say when we finally have to move - hopefully they give us some decent notice. This is absolutely rubbish communicaton from them. Got a sis-in-law on PN I'll need to sort out for her too who had no idea this would be happening, plus a friend of the wife is on PN and was also surprised to hear this news.

Surely PN can't come out this next week or two and say we have 30 days notice, particularly at major holiday times.

Absolutely pathetic from a once great brand. Reduced to a has been.

Very diasappointed with PN communication on this matter.

I assume broadband will eventually disappear too (god knows what will happen with email - that will be a pain as I have my own domain for family forwarded to PN)

A very unhappy PN customer.

peterhr
Rising Star

This was all (quietly) announced 27 Apr last year

https://newsroom.bt.com/consumer-sharpening-our-focus-to-create-a-better-business/

.... Plusnet, our value brand, will continue to serve customers with basic no-frills broadband and landline

(but bear in mind landline will vanish Dec 2025)

https://www.theregister.com/2021/07/01/openreach_ptsn_warning/