cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet/EE different network strength?

robatworkuk
Grafter

Plusnet/EE different network strength?

TL;DR   Is it normal that plusnet and EE reception is different?

Hi all, 
I am currently on O2 and have no reception inside my house, although I have wifi calling, I don't get SMS messages. I have got sim cards from each of the other networks to test, and EE was the best giving me 2-3 bars. Vodafone gave me nothing,  3 gave me 1 bar.  I am intending to switch to EE based on this.

However someone who has a Plusnet mobile phone was visiting me, and in exactly the same location that my test showed 3 bars of EE, he got nothing. No signal. He suggested that Plusnet don't get the same signal strength as EE, but I don't understand that. I get the piggyback providers may not get the full features of the parent network, but not that the masts can somehow filter like this. Does anyone know more?

thanks 

Rob

2 REPLIES 2
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Plusnet/EE different network strength?

Same answer as on EE, PN do not have access to the 800Mhz band.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 433

Re: Plusnet/EE different network strength?

Plusnet mobile do not have access to the EE 800Mhz 4g band (Band 20) so 4g signal strength could well be different in some locations

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.