cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving Incoming Calls - Fresh Sim

Anne_york
Hooked

Re: Not receiving Incoming Calls - Fresh Sim

Update - I have now moved to EE and my phone is working fine. It's costing me £2 more a month for my SIM but well worth it. Dealing with Plusnet has been a nightmare. They knew there was a problem but obviously had no idea how to fix this and finally concluded that the problem was with my handset., which I'd already proved it wasn't. Then they just ignored me. Further training needed I think! When I talked to the assistant in the EE shop, he said that even though Plusnet use the same masts, their customers (and Virgin customers) are likely to be on different frequencies, as EE 'keep the best frequencies for their own customers'. That certainly makes sense, as I now have no problem receiving calls.
JohnMurray

I have had this problem for some time, and yesterday bought a new phone (Samsung Galaxy S7)  in the hope it would fix it. Unfortunately it doesn't an the only way I can receive calls is to turn off 4G.

I am researching other providers, as I understand it is not unique to PlusNet, and may move. While turning off 4G is a workaround, it isn't a satisfactory solution as I want the 4G for data.

JohnMurray

I have done an experiment to test this. I bought an EE PAYG SIM in Poundland and put it in my phone. I've extensively tested it, in various locations and modes. I can confirm that it works perfectly in situations where the PlusNet SIM card goes to answerphone with 4G switched on. Therefore, I'm switching.