Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile signal since yesterday

FIXED
dltool
Dabbler

No mobile signal since yesterday

I lost mobile signal yesterday early afternoon and it still isn't back. My partner is also on Plusnet mobile and does have signal.
EE status checker doesn't show anything amiss.
I've tried my SIM in another device, still no signal.
I tweeted Plusnet yesterday afternoon and still haven't had a response.
I lost signal just after installing the latest Android security update, could it have fried my SIM?
5 REPLIES 5
dltool
Dabbler

Re: No mobile signal since yesterday

My phone is a pixel 7 pro, the other device I tried was a pixel 6 which has been switched off for a couple of weeks and hasn't had the update.
I've been in touch with Google pixel support and run through all their suggestions.
It's definitely my SIM/account that's the problem, not the phone.
KEM
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Fix

Have you tried:

Go into the phone's settings, network and internet, SIM settings there is an option to Automatically select network which is usually set to On. If I click on that I can manually force the phone to select plusnet - several networks are shown and they all state that they are forbidden even the plusnet connection. I then put the connection back to Automatic.

It worked on my Pixel 6a when I lost connection - frustrating when it happened and that I needed to keep doing it. So frustrating that I've now moved from plusnet to Smarty where I now have WiFi calling and can connect to 5G.

dltool
Dabbler

Thank you!! It had Plusnet listed as forbidden but I clicked it anyway and it worked. Thank you so much!
dltool
Dabbler

Shame Plusnet support couldn't get back to me but at least I have signal now until my O2 transfer goes through next week.
KEM
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

I'm really pleased to have helped. Plusnet could never offer any help and once I discovered that this worked at least I knew that I had a workaround whenever I lost connection.