Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection.

FIXED
Itdc
Hooked

Re: No Data Connection.

Same here lost data connection since yesterday

Double checked with other sim card the phone is ok. Plusnet said will send a new sim card replacement in 2 working days time but I'm not sure if that will solve the issue. Very frustrated

disk0
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: No data connection

No new sim just fobbed off and told it will be resolved but date for that yet. I feel your frustration, assume the PN service is the poundland version of EE
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Do keep us posted so we can keep following things up with you Itdc.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @disk0, please could you drop me a PM with the account number so we can take a look at this. If you add a comment on this thread once you've sent the PM, I'll pick this up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
ewsy

@LaurenB Same issue for me. Data connection issues since Thursday. I've been through the possible fixes on the other threads (turning phone off, sim card out, apn settings etc)

I'm sending you a PM now with my details on it.

positive_net
Hooked

I'm in a similar position, no data connection since 16 November.

I have tried the APN settings read out to me over the phone from the call centre (why no information on the plus net website? Do the setting change so often?)

I am being sent a new SIM, I have never needed a new SIM in 20 years as a mobile user. I am sceptical as the SIM is only 2 months old.

Yoda
Dabbler

I have been PN internet customer since early days of dial-up only, then since 2002 have been a broadband&phone customer, having taken early retirement I gave up my O2 company phone and signed up to PN mobile in October as they have always been ok with me, wife was experiencing billing issues with her provider (Vodafone) so we both bought Huawei Y6 2018 handsets and signed her up too. I started experiencing 4G connectivity issues 18th Nov while she still has full access, customer support are sending out a new SIM (promised in 1 or 2 days), prior to this I tried all of the "fixes" mentioned to no avail so will provide an update to my connectivity when this arrives.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Hello @postive_net,

Thanks for getting in touch. Faulty sims can show the fault at any time and if you have tried the settings on the handset, which worked before a new sim is the best action to take.

Can both you and @Yoda private message me your mobile numbers and full names if the issues persists with the new sims and I will investigate this further for you.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
positive_net
Hooked

Sending out new SIMs seems to be a sticking plaster to fix a bigger problem. Not very environmentally friendly either.

I imagine the SIM is fine, given it works for voice and SMS - the lack of mobile data is more likely to be a configuration problem. Also it is strange about the new SIM being a 4g one - why wasn't the SIM 4g from the beginning?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @positive_net I am sorry that you weren't given a 4g sim in the beginning however this is something we are raising feedback on to our development team.

Yoda
Dabbler

@Mads

I am in a slightly different scenario from @positive_net my sim was 4G enabled when I first received it, then after having worked for 2 weeks it randomly gave 4G access then decided not - on and off till Monday when it finally gave up, wife has same hand set and same mobile package and works fine, her package was enabled a week after mine so if she loses 4G in a week then ........ time to re-port somewhere else 😴

northumbrian
Dabbler

I am in exactly the same situation as Yoda, 4g sim arrived, ported number from Three, worked great for a couple of weeks, data stopped working completely, left with a 3g voice and text signal.  I've decided to jump ship and have gotten my PAC code already (can't fault the customer service when I rang up, call quickly answered, helpful guy, and had my code within a few minutes).  Plusnet definitely seems to have a issue, shame as for the few weeks it worked it seemed pretty fast.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@northumbrian, I'm sorry to see that happened and that it's too late to help you with that. 

@Yoda, I hope there isn't an issue further down the line but feel free to PM me with the relevant mobile number if anything does go wrong.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Yoda
Dabbler

Adam Walker my 4G started working again at 12:00 today, my new sim card has not yet arrived, do you suggest keep using my old sim or should I still fit the new sim?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'd stick with the current SIM Yoda but do let me know if you do start to have an issue with it. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team