Did you mean: 

No Data Connection

FIXED
bigsparks
Hooked
Fixes: 1

No Data Connection

Hi

Just received new Plusnet SIM, inserted into unlocked phone. Calls & messages working fine, however, the mobile data is not working.

Have input all the necessary APN info into the phone but still not working. Have tried the SIM in another unlocked phone and data works fine. 

Spoken to 2 people at Plusnet dialling 500 but have just be directed to APN settings on the website or take a photo of error message and call back! Not impressed with the customer service so far. Definitely not doing me proud!

Have seen old thread with same issue but no definitive answer on how to solve the issue. 

Help appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: No Data Connection

Hi @bigsparks 

Welcome to the forums.

The fact data works in a different phone would suggest to me this is not at a network level (i.e. PlusNets) but possibly on your handset.

If you don't mind telling us what handset you're trying use (that isn't working), I am sure someone can help. Just remove any personal information from anything you post.

bigsparks
Hooked

Hi Alex

Thanks for your reply.

It is a Samsung Galaxy J3 2016 handset.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Thanks @bigsparks 

I don't use that handset, as I have a iPhone and use EE data.

Someone who does will be better to help you than I can.

bigsparks
Hooked

Fix

UPDATE

By searching many other forums it turns out it is an incorrect setting on the Plusnet page in the APN type. On the Samsung J3 2016 handset typing    default    worked rather than the instructed internet+mms.

Hope this helps someone in the future!!

Thanks

Tags (1)