cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, voicemail not working as it should...

FIXED
cdawks

Re: New customer, voicemail not working as it should...

Hi again Ashleigh - The problem is that when the handset is unavailble because there is no service, then it does NOT go to voicemail - instead the caller gets a message saying the phone is unavailable.  Is there any way this can be changed?

cdawks

Also it did not work when I declined the call - instead the caller got the busy signal followed by a voice saying please hang up

ESPollock

Brilliant! This worked for me. I had been told to try to 'Profile' but couldn't even find the option on my iPhone 5. Almost considering leaving Plusnet as I use my phone to receive diverts from my business and really need the answer phone to work. One tip as well - the number '30' at the end of the dial code refers to the length of seconds before the voicemail kicks in. It only works in increments of 5 however so I just replaced 30 with 15 and now my phone only rings for 15s. Much better for me I think.

UnaM

Hello - I'm in the same position.  I moved to Plusnet a few months ago and since then the voicemail hasn't worked.  I have set up the personal greeting, but when someone calls, it just keeps on ringing for 57 seconds, and then either cuts off or sends an engaged tone.

I've tried entering the fix given in one thread I saw.  Please can someone guide me or help?

Thanks

UM

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Hi UnaM,

Sorry to hear you're having issues but I'm keen to help get them resolved for you. Please send me a PM with some account details (name and address would be a good start!) and we can get the ball rolling Smiley

UnaM

Thanks Michael.  I spoke to someone on Friday and have now received a new SIM card.  That's fixed the problem, so it must have been the SIM.  Very relieved that it's now working as I need voicemail.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

I'm very glad to hear your issues have been sorted now. Don't hesitate to drop us a message if there's ever anything else we can do Smiley