Did you mean: 

Moving your mobile number to us? We’re as excited as you are. Read this first >

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Moving your mobile number to us? We’re as excited as you are. Read this first >

Thanks for joining and welcome aboard!

We know if you have your own mobile number, it’s really important to you and you’ll likely want to keep it when moving your mobile to us, so we’ve made the process as simple as we can.  

Once you've chosen a great SIM only deal Here we'll ask for a PAC as part of your order, and we’ll take care of the rest. Your old mobile number will need to be working and active, so we can move it to your new Plusnet SIM we'll post to you.

If you didn't have a PAC at the time but you do now, not to worry, feel free to call us on 500 from your Plusnet mobile, or 0800 079 1133 from any other phone and we'll be happy to begin the transfer. 

We’ve written below a few common questions we’ve been asked about the process...

What's a PAC?

This stands for Porting Authorisation Code and it lets you to take your old number with you from one mobile provider to another, so you don't need to tell everybody a new number to get you on. 

Do I need to call my old provider? 

That’s the best part, no you don’t. Just text PAC to 65075 and around 60 seconds later, you’ll get a text with a switching code. This should be 3 letters and 6 numbers long, like ABC123456.

Don’t worry about costs, texting 65075 is totally free, so you won’t be charged a penny, but if you’re in a contract with them, you may need to pay a termination fee though. If that’s the case, they should tell you.

A PAC will be valid for 30 days, so if the one you've got had expired, you’ll need to ask your provider for another.

When will I get my SIM?

We'll drop it in the post once we've confirmed your order and we'll activate your account with us shortly afterwards.

You should receive it within 2 to 3 working days after you've placed your order. 

How long will it take to transfer my mobile number from my old provider to Plusnet? 

It usually takes one working day to move your mobile number to us, but sometimes this may take a little bit longer. We'll time it right so your port happens when you've got your SIM, and we'll keep you updated. 

If you didn't tell us your PAC when you signed up, give us a call. If this is Tuesday before 6pm, we should be able to transfer your number by midnight (23:59:59) on Wednesday, but if you call us after 6pm, it'll be Thursday.   

Day you request transfer 

If request is made before 6pm 

If request is made after 6pm 

Monday 

Tuesday 

Wednesday 

Tuesday 

Wednesday 

Thursday 

Wednesday 

Thursday 

Friday 

Thursday 

Friday 

Monday 

Friday 

Monday 

Tuesday 

Saturday 

Tuesday 

Tuesday 

Sunday 

Tuesday 

Tuesday 

We'll text you as soon as your mobile number's moved across. In the meantime, you'll be able to use the number we've given to keep in touch with friends, family or anybody else. As we get close to completing the transfer, you may get a bit of disruption, but turning your phone off and on again occasionally should sort this out. 

How do I cancel the transfer of my mobile number? 

We’re sorry you don’t want to move your number to us.

If you gave us your PAC when you signed up, I'm afraid we can't cancel the transfer, but give us a call on 500 from your Plusnet mobile, or 0800 079 1133 from any other phone afterwards and we'll be happy to help then. 

If you though gave us your PAC after you made your order, as long as you call us before 6pm on the working day prior to the day of your transfer, we should be able to cancel the transfer for you. 

I’ve not received a text to say my port’s completed and my mobile number’s stopped working. Why? 

We’re really sorry if this happens.

Sometimes delays happen which are out of our control, for example there may be a delay in your old network releasing your number for us to process the transfer. If this happens, we’ll know about it straight away and we’ll be working to complete the port as soon as we can, so you can be with your number again. 

If we've caused a delay by doing something wrong, you'll be entitled to compensation which we'll apply as a credit to your account. Just let us know if you think this has happened to you.  

If we’ve not been able to complete the transfer as expected, we’ll send you a text and while we work to bring your number across to us as soon as possible, we’d recommend using the number we’ve given you when you first signed up, so you can stay in touch with your friends, family or anybody else.

I’m not happy my port’s delayed and my number’s stopped working. Who do I get in touch with? 

We’re sorry you’re unhappy. We do understand your number’s really important and we’ll be chasing this with the right people to fix as soon as we can. Once we’ve completed the transfer, you’ll be the first to know. In the meantime, we’d recommend using the number we’d given you when you first signed up to us, so you can stay in touch with people.

If you’re still not happy, give us a call on 500 from your Plusnet mobile, or 0800 079 1133 from any other phone. Alternatively, if you have Facebook or Twitter feel free to drop us a message on there and we’ll be happy to help you online. 

You may find answers or help in the wealth of knowledge right here on our Community Forums. We've got a dedicated mobile board https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/bd-p/Mobile you can create a topic in, if you can't find help. 

There are also a few good articles on our Help & Support site HereHere, and Here with more information.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet