cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miss-selling: coverage checker incorrect?

jpixton
Hooked

Miss-selling: coverage checker incorrect?

I moved to plusnet a couple of months back while trying to find a network that covers my house. The coverage checker said it would basically work, but in fact it barely works: no indoors coverage at all except for one window. Today I missed an important hospital phone call which is really the last straw.

It seems the plusnet coverage checker is identical to EE's, but I read here that that plusnet does not support all the EE bands - so how can it be correct?

Will plusnet waive early cancellation fees when they cannot provide the promised service?

Will update later in the week with the results of testing EE in my location.

5 REPLIES 5
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Miss-selling: coverage checker incorrect?

Hey @jpixton,

I'm really sorry to hear about this. When you get back to us with the results of testing, it may be worth also taking hardware into consideration - for example, please could you try setting the SIM card up in another phone to see if that makes any difference?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
jpixton
Hooked

This is what coverage looks like at the same phone (Nokia 8.3 5G), place and time in my house. Plusnet on top, EE below. Phone was rebooted between swapping the SIMs.

Screenshot_20221012-154955.png

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

I'm really sorry and I can fully appreciate your frustrations on this. 

I want to check the account and just make sure we have covered all the bases. Can you PM me your mobile number and full name? 

You may have to create a few threads for it to allow you to PM us.  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
jpixton
Hooked

To follow up on this I have been told by support that they will not waive the termination free because I "didn't give them an opportunity to correct the problem" before porting my number to a network that could provide me with service.

I note that the coverage checker is still advertising incorrect data for my area. So whatever opportunity I needed to give them to fix that would've have been taken anyway.

Thoroughly dishonest and dishonourable on plusnet's part. I first joined plusnet for an ISP in 2008 and now will never return. Great job all.

orby
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I raised the issue a couple months back on here, got a reference but nothing happened. Plusnet's map clearly shows 4G gives voice calling, which it simply does not, your phone has to drop to 2G or 3G to make/receive voice calls., they said they'd raise this, clearly not.

The lack of 4G voice calling is a serious omission and the incorrect advertising of coverage should be corrected urgently.