cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS messaging problems

kh1
Dabbler

MMS messaging problems

Anybody else having problems sending and receiving mms. I am running an I phone se.

I did contact plusnet help through chat connection but after checking that mms was switched on my phone batted me to Apple they got me to do some checks and a reset and then batted me back to plusnet saying that they may need to update the carrier settings after recent ios update.

So I am still at a loss as problem not resolved. Is it likely to be a problem with sim?

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MMS messaging problems

Hi @kh1

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues. Within the Settings of your handset, click on General, Reset and Reset Network Settings. This should reconfigure your phone to our network and update your Data/ MMS service.

If there's still no further improvement, please don't hesitate to send me a private message and I'll look into this further. -Ashleigh

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

You do know that MMS messages are chargeable? Have you hit your smart cap perhaps?

kh1
Dabbler

Hi Ashleigh I had already tried this before and no change I did get on to Apple and did some checks with them and resets no change so they referred me back to plusnet.

I have even done a factory reset of phone no change.

I have had another go at network reset no change.

I have to add I haven't tried to send or receive since I joined plusnet till the other day.

I did port my number from BT which took a couple of days after I had activated SIM card
kh1
Dabbler

No where near the smart cap as I am on a monthly contract on 4gb of data unlimited minutes and texts
Starmans
Grafter

Just in case you are unaware that MMS messages (e.g picture messages) are not included in the unlimited text message allowance.

kh1
Dabbler

Would they not come under the data bit then?

And even if there not covered in the monthly contract surely I should still be able to receive or send them

I have to admit it is not a regular thing I would use as there are apps like WhatsApp that can be used. Just someone has tried to send me one and I have tried to reply by sending one back and it hasn't worked either way. Texts work fine
Starmans
Grafter

@kh1 wrote:
Would they not come under the data bit then?

Unfortunately not. They are stand alone billable item when using MMS option one of the reasons why the likes of Snapchat/Whatsapp became so poplar because they only use data which is cheaper Smiley

But yes the service should work as expected. Sadly I don't have an iPhone so my experience is limited.

But the Help & Support provides the following for iOS -

iPhone

Go to Settings > Mobile or Cellular > Mobile Data Network or Cellular Data Network > 
Access Point Names > Menu > New APN. Without changing any other settings, type in the following info: For Mobile data: APN: everywhere Username: eesecure Password: secure For MMS: APN: eezone Username: eesecure Password: secure MMSC: http://mms/ MMS Proxy: 149.254.201.135:8080 MMS Max Message Size: 1048576 Tap the left arrow at the top three times, then press the home button. Check the notification bar for 4G, 3G, E or GPRS. That'll show your connection is working
kh1
Dabbler

I don't appear to have the set up like you have outlined I seem to remember it was like what you are outlining when I had an I phone 4 but I have an I phone se now and it looks different settings to what you have outlined
Starmans
Grafter

Perhaps the information from Apple here will be useful - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201699

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning @kh1

I can see you've sent a private message, so I'll pick this up and look into the matter further. -Ashleigh 

kh1
Dabbler

I am afraid it isn't as I can't access these settings on an I Phone SE. I could on my old I Phone 4 but not on my newer phone.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

@kh1 Although it may not be the reason for your issues, since MMS messages are chargeable it doesn't matter if you're anywhere near your limits for data, minutes or texts or even if you've used any of them. It will come off whatever your smart cap is and then once the limit is hit will no longer send. Exactly the same for instance if you were using a premium telephone number.

kh1
Dabbler

I don't usually go into my smart cap which is set at £10 as I tend to use apps like WhatsApp for messaging and picture sending.
Hambonz
Hooked

me too Sad

Has anyone had any success in fixing MMS when it is failing?

I know MMS is a bit obsolete, but sadly I still need to use it.

I've tried various APN settings and I still can't send any MMS.

Everything else is working fine, and I have credit on account for MMS

Using an Android phone, but that should not influence APN settings.