cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left 2 months ago - when will account close?

FIXED
Lux
Dabbler

Left 2 months ago - when will account close?

I left plusnet in May, since then I got a bill with credit which was paid into my bank. On 13th July I got another bill with the amount of £0.00, this was in credit and did not mention anything about it being a final bill.

I have today cancelled the direct debit.

I have had no communication regarding the account being closed. I would like the account closing properly - meaning that I would like my personal details removed from the online account and to not be able to log in.

Since there has been zero communication (I did not even get anything informing me plusnet was closing and therefore nothing about what to do/expect!) I have attempted to anonymise my address details on the account but am unable to do the same with my name.

Please can you advise how I can get my account completely closed & my data removed?

5 REPLIES 5
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Left 2 months ago - when will account close?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 485

Fix

Sorry to hear this @Lux 

If you've received a bill for £0.00 then this will be your final bill so your account will now be fully closed.

You can request to remove your data by filling out the form here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Lux
Dabbler

Thanks!!

madasaman

I have had the same problem. I asked for, received a pac and used it to change from Plusnet to Virgin on 25th May. My contract with Virgin mobile began 1st June. I had an email from Plusnet on 30th June telling me that there was £9.23 credit in my account and nothing would be taken. Today I get another email telling me that the £9.23 has been taken and  we won't be taking a payment this month, and this credit will be applied to your bill. My account should have been closed when the PAC was used by Virgin and the credit returned to my bank account. I didn't stop my direct debit as I thought it would be repaid. I will be closing it soon and erasing my data via the for listed above. I will be stopping my direct debit before my "next bill" is due as I dont have an account.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 485

Hi @madasaman 

I'm really sorry for any confusion or worry this is causing you.

I'll send you a PM shortly with some questions I'll need you to answer so I can look into this for you 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team