cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced to jump ship

Moscarella
Grafter

Forced to jump ship

I, for one, very much regret havng to jump ship from PN mobile. I need to keep my number as it is registered with several entities for verification purposes etc., and the lack of any firm mobile service shutdown schedule from PN mobile has forced me to switch now before I lose my number due to a very quick shutdown with little or no prior notification.

With regard to this, the "Special Offers" from EE are daylight robbery, EE, in spite of having voted itself "The Best Network", in reality EE ranks with TalkTalk mobile as the worst mobile service in the U.K.. So much for the Legally allowed lies as "Advertising Puff".

I remain on PN broadband as a very satisfied user on contract. However, reading the statement by the CEO of BT that "the future of PN is under review", I cannot help wondering how long it is before broadband contracts are shunted over to EE/BT by PN, when and if that happens we will of course go through the same fog that surrounds PN mobile shutdown.

Finally, I ported to 02, who have swallowed Virgin Moibile in a like manner, where I got the identical PN package with a few extras such as internet calling and 5G capability for 13 pence per month more than I am paying on PN.

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Forced to jump ship

@Moscarella wrote:

I remain on PN broadband as a very satisfied user on contract. However, reading the statement by the CEO of BT that "the future of PN is under review", I cannot help wondering how long it is before broadband contracts are shunted over to EE/BT by PN, when and if that happens we will of course go through the same fog that surrounds PN mobile shutdown.

Can you provide a link to this statement?

John
flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

jab1
Legend

Cheers, @flanzm . I read it when it was first published, and since then, we have seen what BT Consumer Division have decided (for now0 - PN is the bare-bones, cheap, arm of the division.

What may happen in the future is anyone's guess, knowing the way BT behaves - they have never shaken off their 'Post Office Telephones' attitude of 'sod the customer, we'll do what we want', as exemplified by their archaic support protocols.

John
Moscarella
Grafter

jab1
Legend

Cheers - already advised to me by @flanzm , and I have responded.

John