cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in or get bolt on

SusanneMM

Can't log in or get bolt on

Hi,

I'm visiting the US and trying to get a bolt on. I tried texting for a bolt on, but it tells me 'the number is formatted incorrectly ', and I've tried every variation of +es and 0s in the country code.

I also am unable to log in on the app, even though I am able to log in on the website to my mobile account, but the website isn't able to give me the information I need on my usage, and when I try and log in to the app, the log in button just goes grey for a couple of seconds then back to blue as if nothing has happened.

How can I get more data when I'm in the us already? I have good WiFi and phone signal.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 421

Re: Can't log in or get bolt on

@SusanneMM 

Are.you aware that data in the USA cost £6 per MB, yes, that’s £6000 per GB? See https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/roaming-and-international-calls/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

SusanneMM

That is extremely helpful, thanks. I did go to the link in your post- it says USA is band two, and band two pricing doesn't have a price for data, so that was part of my confusion. Thanks for chasing that up for me.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 421

@SusanneMM 

The cost are further down the page. Close the Country bands list and scroll down to ‘ I’m in Band 2’. It’s not unusual to hit the Smart Cap limit by simply switching the phone on unless mobile data is turned off before leaving the UK.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'