Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mobile App Update

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Yes, @ChrisAtBristol I recall seeing 85 days in the TestFlight app. Just a guess but possibly the duration of a licence to use the app to support a trial of the target app. The PN app clearly is not in the main store.

David
ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@goldenfibre

@goldenfibre

That’s PN Christmas present to us all sorted then.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Xmas Day present app to us all more likely Smiley

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Not bad app. (is there any smart cap can be changing via app?) as I know smart cap has to request via phone call which it can be a pain.

spraxyt
Resting Legend

@ChrisAtBristol wrote:

Just a thought, my wife's phone who has the app now has her allowances roll over tomorrow so I wonder if were in early to see if all the allowances go back to the full mark.

Will see tomorrow.

My allowances reset tomorrow too, so that could be the case. I've discovered the text count increases shortly after sending, though the new ones don't appear immediately on the itemised usage page.

David
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

The allowance could be ok for low usage but for me as a unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 6GB data won't count on the app. Probably the data only. Does the app show up who are you calling and how long for and time/date stamp with call allowance?

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro

@goldenfibre

I don’t think its going to do anything like a call log and looking at the link along the bottom of the app’s home page you can select your bills back a year, account information showing what you pay and what your allowance is, another tab is for adding bolt-ons and a help tab.

There other information like how much your smart cap is set at but if you want to change it there's a button I assume puts you through to a support team to change the limit, a bit like you have to now.

I think your right about having unlimited minutes or text, its not going to show anything but for me it going to be good to get my granddaughters Apple phone on it because I pay her bill but back last year she was watching a movie on her phone thinking the wifi was on, it wasn't and she blow all her 2 Gb allowance for that month in one day and cost me another tenner as that was the cap she had on the phone at that time. Angry

spraxyt
Resting Legend

@goldenfibre wrote:

The allowance could be ok for low usage but for me as a unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 6GB data won't count on the app. Probably the data only. Does the app show up who are you calling and how long for and time/date stamp with call allowance?

It shows usage counts for minutes and texts where the allowance is unlimited. Itemised breakdowns are given on a submenu for these. The addressee name is given if the app is allowed access to contacts.

Data usage is also given by time and cost (if any).

David
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I do like smart cap because I am fed up of other biggest company like EE, o2, Vodafone, Virgin and Sky will charge outside allowance plans. I remember I took mine contract with EE for my daugher and we both went abroad four years ago and come back to UK and found shocking bill of £135 charges for using abroad on her phone. But since PN mobile come out and I took my daughter with me to abroad again, this time will cost only £2 smart cap along with line rental charge of £10 to pay the bill £12 for peace of mind no more unexpecting high bills.

I do wish smart cap have an option eg:

£0, £1, £2, £5, £8, £10 etc of choice but PN say the lower cap they can do is £2.

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro

@spraxyt

Your right it does show what and who you’ve been texting and calling with time of day and call duration plus the name of the person you called and text.

I missed that but yes just tap on your minutes to get a breakdown, same goes for text and data.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Posts split from https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Announcements/Mobile-App-Update/m-p/1567288#M8494

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Neal1812
Hooked

Still waiting for the invite to try out the Android version Undecided

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Neal1812, we've had to delay sending out the Android invites, but we expect them to go out today.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Neal1812
Hooked

@Gandalf: I would trust anything if it comes from someone whose username is Gandalf Grin

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@Gandalf that's good to hear this positive news. Smiley