Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage times

FIXED
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Data usage times

iOS app. The times of day in the Itemised data usage display always show as 00:00 instead of the correct value. The equivalent Minutes and Texts screens display times correctly.

Screen shot attached

IMG_0060.png

David
22 REPLIES 22
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Data usage times

Thanks for letting us know! Personally I'd like to see the time removed as its irrelevant to the bill.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

If the time was removed, then shouldn't the multiple lines per day be merged into one daily total?  Is the time on there, if correctly displayed the time of the day, or the amount of time that the data was used over?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero

Not sure, but I'd argue knowing how much you used all day is all you really need to know. 

Jono H
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Quite possibly, though it can be useful knowing when in the day you used a chunk of data if you are trying to work out where all your allowance has gone!  I've got a third party app that gives that breakdown, along with your location at that time.  I've found a few interesting things out via that when examining my own usage.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I spotted and raised this one the other day. @JonoH, is there any merit in collating a list of acknowledged issues/feedback and stickying to avoid duplication?

There were a few other issues I raised too, and I got the impression some of them had been acknowledged/were being worked on.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

JonoH
Hero

When I get a list of known bugs I'll create a topic and list them and mark them as resolved if they're fixed in a version update.

Jono H
spraxyt
Resting Legend

@JonoH wrote:

Not sure, but I'd argue knowing how much you used all day is all you really need to know. 

That view might well depend on the plan one is on and whether usage is ones own or that of a family member. Clearly for those with small allowances, a day of high usage might need a usage time breakdown. I don't think having to call in for this fully exploits the benefit of an app.

Perhaps this flags up a possible future development. Provide an option for (say) daily, six-hourly, hourly totals, maybe with non-dailies on a sub-screen.

David
JonoH
Hero

Fix

It looks like this is working correctly (from the app's point of view) but the way that we receive the metered usage currently makes displaying any kind of accurate time stamp for data usage impossible (for now).  As such we'll be removing this in a future update.

Jono H
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Is the usage supply (currently) accurate enough to provide approximate hourly usage to answer questions such as "can you tell me when I used that amount of usage today?". Though I guess that would be a question to support rather than the app.

David
JonoH
Hero

The data comes in twice per day in 2 blocks if I recall correctly, that means the nearest we could get is telling you if it was used in time period A or B

Jono H
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Thanks for that insight. Removing the Time column certainly makes sense in this context - when this is removed is it intended to retain both chunks? My thoughts are to do so.

David
JonoH
Hero

I'm not sure at this time, I'd remove both chunks if it was my decision or we will be constantly explaining why it's in 2 sections. 

Jono H
spraxyt
Resting Legend

I think a daily total is desirable, to pinpoint days when data usage was high.

David
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Up to Friday 14/09/2018 (off screen in the image below) I had two chunks of data per day on the itemised data usage display. On Saturday and Sunday just one. However from Monday two chunks show again.

Was a change made on the server then reverted?

IMG_0064.png

David