cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolt Ons Via App

deanos

Bolt Ons Via App

I have downloaded the app, its seems great

Is there any way to turn off the buying a bolt on via text, i have 2 kids who are on plusnet and the app would be great for them to monitor there usage as they are always asking me  , HOWEVER i don't like the idea they can just add bolt ons with out permission, can this be disabled any way, the smart caps and change plan require a phone call but bolt ons can be done on the app

4 REPLIES 4
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Bolt Ons Via App

Hello @deanos,

Thanks for getting in touch.

There's no way to block these feature I'm afraid on the App, I'm afraid. However I will pass on your feedback to the relevant team. 

Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
deanos

that's a shame, means i cant add the app to my kids phones

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I have to agree with @deanos This is very poor lack of security for bolt ons as it would be too easy to add it without premission as my daughter have plusnet mobile as I don't feel safe to install app on her phone because she might add bolt ons without my knowedge.

I do think they should bring pin codes to enter for any bolt ons to purchase. Safer this way rather than to block it.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@goldenfibre wrote:

This is very poor lack of security for bolt ons as it would be too easy to add it without premission as my daughter have plusnet mobile as I don't feel safe to install app on her phone because she might add bolt ons without my knowedge.

I understand in this situation it would be useful, but for the majority of users for whom the app is on their phone and for their account there's no need for this level of security

I do think they should bring pin codes to enter for any bolt ons to purchase. 

I have however passed the feedback on and it is being considered as a potential future update.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager