Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet IPv6 Trial Next Phase

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Plusnet IPv6 Trial Next Phase

Hi guys!   Got some long overdue news for you.
After conducting some internal trials with staff members, we are ready to start our next phase of IPv6 trialling.   We are after some volunteers to help us testing our current implementation.   It will be on a strict invite only basis at the minute due to some of the manual overhead in provisioning things at our end so we'll initially be selective on who we on board.
If we select you, we'll give you a specific log on which will come with a static IP address which you can't change so you'll need to live with that.    You'll also need to have a IPv6 capable router, we won't supply one.   We'll expect you to use this as your day to day connection so that we get really good feedback of any there are any issues.
Volunteer below and let us know your set up and we'll be in touch.
EDIT:
Couple of things I should add:
- While you are connected to the test accounts, the general support centre won't be able to assist with connectivity/faults issues. You'll need to use the forum as a first place contact point for assistant.  Billing will continue to happen as normal against your original account and the Support Centre will be able to support that as normal.
- You'll still have your standard login if you needed to revert but you should let us know via the forum.
- At the minute, the standard PN 582 router is not IPv6 capable/supported unless you have got it already working with IPv6.  (This might change based on some internal conversations, but assume not for the minute)
- the rDNS entries for the IPs can't be changed from what they default to.  The v4 addresses will be <testusername>.plus.com
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
52 REPLIES 52
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Plusnet IPv6 Trial Next Phase

Quote from: Kelly
You'll also need to have a IPv6 capable router,

Does that include the Plusnet supplies TG582 (any specific firmware version)?
If it does, do you have instructions on configuring?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
brueton
Grafter

I wish to put my name forward for the trial.
I have a couple of IPv6 capable routers, Billion 7800N & TG582n.
21CN Unlimited
Pete
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Have a Fritz!Box 7390 on Fibre Unlimited ready and waiting for 'proper' IPv6, happy to volunteer if chosen.
Currently using the Fritz!Box direct on the ADSL, can also use the BT modem Via Ethernet WAN if required.
No problem with a temporary change to my static IP for the trial.
Currently using OpenDNS (IPv4) and would prefer to use this for IPv6 (for Parental Controls) but OK to use PN DNS if required as part of the trial.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
mogwoman
Fixes: 1

I wish to put be considered for the trial. I have a TG582n running 10.2.0.B firmware.
Liz
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Hi Kelly
I'll happily have a play with it for you with a Billion 7800N if you want me to.
Thanks
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If TG582 running 10.2.2.B is suitable add me to the list.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
SimonHobson
Rising Star

I'd like to have a go.
I use a Debian GNU/Linux virtual machine as my router, using Shorewall[6] for firewall config. I also have a new PlusNet supplied Technicolour router*.
Sat waiting for the Openreach guy to come and do my FTTC upgrade this morning Smiley
A few questions :
1) Will we be able to have reverse DNS set for our fixed IP on the trial ?
2) How long do you expect the trial to last ?

* For the £6 postage, it's worth it just to keep for the "have you tried a different router" step of troubleshooting any connectivity problems.
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

I'd like to volunteer.
I'm on FTTC Unlimited, using the Openreach modem with a TP-Link WDR3600 (running latest IPv6 capable f/w)
DougMa
Grafter

I volunteer.  I have a Fritz!Box 7390 on FTTC Unlimited and have hosted servers that I manage over IPv6 currently relying on an HE tunnel, so would really appreciate native IPv6 access.
Thanks!
gladman
Grafter

I would like to take part in this trial if possible.  I am using a Netgear WNDR4700 dual band router which has IPv6 support.  I should add that I have no experience in using IPv6.
psross
Dabbler

I would like to volunteer for the trial.
I have a Billion 7800N router running the latest firmware.
I'm currently using a Hurricane Electric tunnel running on a Raspberry Pi, so it'd be nice to switch to a native IPv6 connection.
Thanks,
Phil
MikeAK
Dabbler

Hi,
I would like to have a go at this. I have a Buffalo router (can't remember exact model) running DD-WRT.
I am currently on ADSL but my area is due for FTTC in the next few weeks so will be looking to change over, would changing mid trial be a problem?
Thanks
Mike
PLan
Grafter

Hi,
I'd like to have a go with this. I have two IPv6 compatible routers the ASUS RT-N66U and the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite(currently running a Hurricane Electric IPv6 tunnel over my Plusnet FTTC connection).
Regards,

Phil  Smiley
MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

That's excellent news Kelly and I'd love to be considered to partake. However...
Quote from: Kelly
- At the minute, the standard PN 582 router is not IPv6 capable/supported.  (This might change based on some internal conversations, but assume not for the minute)

...probably counts me out as that's all I've currently got (assuming you are referring to the TG582n). I thought it worthwhile to declare my interest nevertheless in case the situation changes.
Whether I'm in or not though it's still great news. Smiley
Mathew
P.S. I'd be curious to learn the specifics of what makes the TG582n unsuitable? Presumably it is lacking something in the terms of how the capability is being deployed?