cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Observations and experiences...

AxeMurderer
Grafter

Observations and experiences...

When this trial started, I was able to get IPv6 up and running more or less straight away, using my Billion 7800N (with 1.06d). I am on fibre, and was able to get about 37Mb/s on IPv6 and IPv4 (if the measurement tool was to be believed).
At some point thereafter, it became difficult to get any of my devices to take an IPv6 address, although the Billion seemed to be being assigned one. I am aware of the Billion-related threads on this, which don't really seem to come to a clear answer, and don't really explain why it once did work. I haven't yet upgraded to 1.06e.
Again, at some point my bandwidth became limited to 7.5Mb/s on IPv4, with 30Mb/s on IPv6. So for all practical purposes, IPv6 take-up being what it is, that limited by bandwidth to 7.5Mb/s. (Which was interesting as it confirms that everything I normally want to do can be done perfectly well at that bandwidth). But... after a few days using the test account with IPv6 enabled, my bandwidth gets chopped to 1.5Mb/s for IPv4 at which point I can't do what I want, so I have to switch back to my standard IPv4 (37Mb/s) account. It could be some unknown-to-me usage limit kicking in, but I can't check because it is a test account.
Are others seeing these sort of things? How are you all getting on?