Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New IPv6 Trial announced

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Movement on PN IPv6

@machare  If you read this thread and relevant links you will find it is a very limited trial for around 20 people, mainly staff. I know that Dave Tomlinson (Plusnet staff) was the first to test it but it didn't work, not heard anything since. Don't think they are looking for other volunteers at the moment.☹️

summers
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Yes its a pity that so little is said about progress on IPv6, at least we know that its @dave that is the main plusnet staff working on getting IPv6 working, I guess though its only a minor part of his job, and day to day stuff is higher priority.

Think I've said before don't think we'll see much progress on IPv6, it just isn't really on the plus.net radar, isn't needed for their business right now, and doesn't offer much in the way of benefits. Think the only thing that will sway it is if people leave, something I'm reflecting on doing and going to another ISP. But people that are leaving becuase on no IPv6 is only a few dribs and drabs - not really a mass exodus, so it doesn't really affect plusnet.

Its sad, but is what it is. Can't see it changing.

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 12

I don't see, or hear, the people complaining  about  a lack of progress on IPv6 installations......

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

People that want IPv6 have already made alternative arrangements - either moved ISP or use a tunnel.

If I was Plusnet I wouldn't bother now. Keep the investment minimal, just resell OR's broadband, and profit for as long as possible - when the Plusnet brand no longer works, just drop it and move customers elsewhere.