cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current IPv6 trial progress and expansion?

TimSmall
Grafter

Current IPv6 trial progress and expansion?

Hi Dave, Kelly et al...
I was wondering whether the current trial is likely to be expanded prior to full roll-out (assuming that the direction you decide to head in!) ?
Would also be good to know how it's going in-general (if you're able to divulge)...
Cheers,
Tim.
5 REPLIES 5
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Current IPv6 trial progress and expansion?

No dates yet.  I'll hopefully be having a review of where we are soon-ish on this.  If there is something I can put out from that, I'll post it.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
simonpalmer123

What's the best way to register interest?
I'm really keen to use ipv6 too, have ipv6 kit, using it at work.
Thanks,
S
kabads
Grafter

me too ! - I'd like to join (although I'm involved in another trial at the moment, which I wouldn't want ipv6 to interfere with).
TIA
SimonHobson
Rising Star

If you are just keen to get IPv6 at home "now" rather than being keen to get on the trial for the purposes of testing PlusNet's offering, then I's suggest popping over to tunnerbroker.net and signing up for a free tunnel from Hurricane Electric. Once you get it set up (not hard, they provide customised instructions) then it "just works" and performance seems darned good IMO.
EDIT: You may also want to have a go at their IPv6 certification - it's quite good and takes you through levels, throwing enough new stuff at you at each level to learns tuff, but not too much that it's over-whelming.
MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

I'd second all of what Simon said. Whilst tunnelling shouldn't ever be regarded as an acceptable end state l for IPv6 deployment it is a perfectly valid transition mechanism and so if it's a case of native IPv6 or nothing you should definitely give a tunnel a go.