cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phonenotworking

lizdrevon
Interested

phonenotworking

My phone has been down for 13 days despite repeated calls no one comes to fix it. What do 1 do?

5 REPLIES 5
ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: phonenotworking

@lizdrevon

If you have a non-working phone line, then you should report the fault to your telephone provider who should be able to advise you of a date when your service should be restored.

Brian.

Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Hope you've done all the usual checks and perhaps tried plugging in another phone. I keep a spare corded phone for such eventualities. 

What's the call out charge these days, £50?  

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
lizdrevon
Interested

i have emailed 3 times, phoned 5 times. Bt openreach have not turned up 3 times. 

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

If they have failed to keep an appointment then you might be able to make a claim, and certainly if you have incurred a financial loss. Unfortunately the Ofcom recommended (and voluntary) compensation scheme does not kick in until 2019. Why is that I wonder.

http://bt.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/4598914/1442593351/redirect/1/filename/AFL%20application%20for...

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,511

Hi there. Sorry to hear of the problems you're having with your phone line.
From what I can see an engineer has fixed the fault as of a few hours ago.

Everything working now as you'd expect?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button.
From 31st October 2022, I'll no longer have a regular presence here as I'm moving on to a new role within Plusnet.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team