cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline unusable

jennynewell

landline unusable

I moved into a new house 5 months ago. From day 1 there have been issues with the landline. The noise on the line makes it impossible to hear anything. Engineers out x3 and it's ok then until the next time I try to use it. No mobile signal here so crucial it works. Am fed up sitting in a queue on an unusable phone trying to get it fixed. Can't use texting service because Plusnet mobile has no signal.
Can someone help please
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: landline unusable

How are you connecting to the forum?

As for texting the phone test number - can you do that whilst out somewhere else?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jennynewell

Thanks for link. Needless to say the check says nothing wrong with my line.
Broadband works fine
Thought would try this community because getting hold of a human being to book yet another visit by Open Reach is difficult and probably pointless.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @jennynewell, thanks for getting in touch on our forums. I'm really sorry for the issues with your phone and that this problem keeps returning, I can absolutely appreciate the importance of you needing a service if your mobile signal is poor! I'd like to help get this sorted for you!

I have tested your line today and it hasn't detected any faults on the line so will need to look at sending an engineer. I've created a fault ticket here for you: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=223334948

If you can please reply on the ticket with the requested info , we will get this progressed for you. If you give me a nudge on here once you've added your reply, I'll get this picked up for you Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

@jennynewell You have not mentioned whether you have tried an alternative (borrowed) phone or tried your phone with an alternative line. Also, is your phone connected to the master socket or an extension. Have you tried using the master socket with ALL filters etc. removed?

As your internet is fine, could you use your mobile through WiFi to make calls as an interim measure?

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.