cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

international calls

nandux

international calls

Hi,
I use Plusnet since August 2010 and one of the good things offered was 300 min to call overseas ( Portugal) after 6pm .
After a few months of use Plusnet started charging for those calls without telling us about that change.
In January 2011 some calls after 6pm were charged others were not , same thing in February and in March all calls were charged ( very strange  Shocked ) we tried to contact costumer services and NEVER got a answer about it and now we would like to know if we still have the service and how does it work.
any other person had the same problem?
Thanks
13 REPLIES 13
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: international calls

Welcome to the forum nandux Smiley
See this page regarding free call time.
Please note you should redial a national or local call after 59 minutes to avoid charges and redial after 29 minutes for international calls.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
nandux

Thanks for the quick reply  Wink
the real problem is : how can plusnet charge me for a call when the time of that call was 19.45 and the duration was 4.30 minutes and no previous call was made on that month ?  Shocked
and I forgot to expain, i have the Talk Evenings & Weekends and I never received any email or info about that changes , lack of information between provider and costumer is not good at all.
At moment i'm in Portugal ( holidays) and i will try again  as soon we return to UK  and if they still charging me that calls something wrong is happening and i will cease my contract with plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

how can plusnet charge me for a call when the time of that call was 19.45 and the duration was 4.30 minutes and no previous call was made on that month ? 
If you let me know the date this call was made I'll take a look into it for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
nandux

Hi thanks for your reply, since March I have only used once but I'm thinking use it again if someone in Plusnet can guarantee we will not be charged for use it from 19pm  
last 2 dates here :
01/03/2011 - 21:23:29 00:02:36 £0.41
17/01/2011 - 19:35:25 00:09:12   £1.15
Thanks
dick:quote
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Quote from: nandux
Thanks for the quick reply  Wink
the real problem is : how can plusnet charge me for a call when the time of that call was 19.45 and the duration was 4.30 minutes and no previous call was made on that month ?  Shocked
and I forgot to expain, i have the Talk Evenings & Weekends and I never received any email or info about that changes , lack of information between provider and costumer is not good at all.

I thought that since January all continental calls on Evening and weekend are charged, and you did get an e-mail in early December to inform you, a copy of it will be in the closed messages on your member section around the 17th december
see https://portal.plus.net/residential/tariffs/homephone.html ; for charges
pierre_pierre
Grafter

my e-mail was dated the 3rd December 2010
nandux

I never received any email from PN about that  Shocked
pierre_pierre
Grafter

have you checked you closed tickets?
this was on my letter
We're making some changes to our Home Phone service in January too. Our charge for line rental will be £11.99 a month. We'll no longer offer 300 inclusive international minutes on our Talk Evenings & Weekends call tariff and off peak hours are changing to 7pm - 7am.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Ouch those call rates to Portugal!!
Skype: 1.9p per min incl VAT - + 3.3p call set up/connection fee
Vonage: 2.0p per min (excl VAT) no call set up
Sipgate: 2.1p per min (excl VAT) no call set up
PlusNet: 11.3p per min + 10.9p call set up
I know that you are tied to BT, but you really need to do something about your international call costs.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
nandux

Pierre TBH I never had received any email about that...oh well time to choose another provider  Angry
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I can see the email on your account, if you view all closed tickets you should be able to see it on the one referenced SN100479070? It should have been sent to the email address we hold on your account, as well as to postmaster@*yourusername*.plus.com on the 3rd December as pierre_pierre states above.
nandux

Problem sorted , happy costumer again  Cool
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to hear it, thanks for letting us know and glad we could help Smiley