cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anonymous call blocking

martynhsmith
Grafter

anonymous call blocking

I signed up for anonymous call block  Im fed up with getting sales calls.
It's not working just got one, pressed 147 and got 'we do not have the callers number to return the call'
If it was a free service I wouldn't worry but it costs £4 a month
What should I do?
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: anonymous call blocking

Anonymous call reject won't block every call where the number doesn't appear, have a look here for more info:
http://www.plus.net/support/phone/call_features.shtml#reject
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Get something like cpr call blocker, which does more than you want for a one off £39.99 - less than your current yearly spend Roll_eyes You will, however, need "Caller Display" for it to work - so your actual savings will start after 13 months :'(.
Though not a recommended layout, it successfully blocks calls with three phones, including a "1571" indicator phone, and the blocker at the end of an extension to one of the phones Shocked
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Have you signed up with the TPS?  We get very few calls now, certainly not enough to make £40-£50 worth spending...
MrT
Grafter

@pwatson -you're the lucky one. I've been signed up to TPS for several years but the calls keep coming.  Angry
I'm reluctant to use the cpr call blocker as some of the calls I receive do not fall into the nuisance category.