cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHATS HAPPENING??!! Phone keeps ringing and line is in use!!

Kiritpatel
Dabbler

WHATS HAPPENING??!! Phone keeps ringing and line is in use!!

I switched over from BT broadband, to Plusnet fibre extra and plusnet landline. Both switched over today, had the engineer come out today and set up fibre. I have noticed a problem which is happening now since this evening.
7pm - Landline rings once. I answer and there is no one there. So i hang up.
7.15pm Landline rings once. I answer there is no one there. So i hang up and dial 1471. The automated service tells me of a call i received at 2pm as my last call.
11.30pm Landline rings once, i answer, there is no one there. I wait and hang up. I try to dial 1471 but i shows on my phone the line is in use. I put the phone to my ear and there is no dial tone.
11.40pm I try to dial a friend but the landline is still in use, then the off the hook alarm sounds. I hang up and try again and the alarm is still sounding.
11.50 i try to dial out again but there is loud noise on my line.
LED screen on my phones shows that my line is in use..... I have 3 cordless phones in my house, i am not using my phone, so how is my line in use??? Did the engineer mess up outside in the cabinet or inside my property when wiring???
I tried trouble shooter but it says an "opps error, dial 0800..." which is not closed.
What the hell is going on??? I dont want to be woken up in the middle of the night by this so unplugged my phone.
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: WHATS HAPPENING??!! Phone keeps ringing and line is in use!!

Does dialling 17070 tell you the correct number?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Kiritpatel
Dabbler

Re: WHATS HAPPENING??!! Phone keeps ringing and line is in use!!

There's no longer a dial tone on my landline. I tried calling my landline via my mobile and it goes straight to voicemail. I contacted plusnet this morning and they said they need an engineer to visit the property as there is a fault.
Fault Type: NDT
Test Results: LOOP CONDITION DETECTED (UNPLUG ALL END USER EQUIP and RE-TEST)