cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Rosa

Voicemail

Hi, I've just moved to Plusnet from another ISP with which I had caller display and dialled 1571 for messages. When my phone was connected to Plusnet a message told me that if there was a message I would hear a different tone.  This has not happened.  When I dial 1571 I'm told I have no messages even if the message indicator light is flashing and there is indeed a message.  I don't have caller display.  I'm just a bit confused! Please could someone explain the system. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Voicemail

Welcome to the community forums @Rosa

@Rosa wrote:

When my phone was connected to Plusnet a message told me that if there was a message I would hear a different tone.

That is correct for how the 1571 voicemail would work.

@Rosa wrote:

When I dial 1571 I'm told I have no messages even if the message indicator light is flashing and there is indeed a message.

Do you have your own answer machine? Maybe built in to the phone handset?

It's possible that your own answer machine/built in voicemail is picking the call up before the 1571 on the line has chance to.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Rosa

Thanks. That is what I was told too.  It might be correct but it doesn't work on my phone. 

Rosa

Thank you.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@HarryB wrote:

@Rosa wrote:

When I dial 1571 I'm told I have no messages even if the message indicator light is flashing and there is indeed a message.

Do you have your own answer machine? Maybe built in to the phone handset?

It's possible that your own answer machine/built in voicemail is picking the call up before the 1571 on the line has chance to.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet