plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Re: SoGEA or Full Fibre?

Edit: Link didn`t work. 

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 276

@plusmouse We established way back (post #18) that Full Fibre was available to you.

John
plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

@jab1 - Yes, noted. 👍

I tried to post an image of the BT Openreach page that showed my Home phone results and screwed it up so I just deleted it. No worries.

I`m going to speak to my direct neighbor tomorrow as they have had Openreach in their garden over the past week and I suspect they too have made the switch to FF. So I`ll glean some information from him and ask who they were/are now with for their BB. My other neighbor is with Talk Talk and I don`t think they have made any changes as yet, but I`ll ask her what her plans are and give her some of the information I`ve learned incase she`s not aware or unsure. I`ll report back here once I know what`s going to happen to mine and what I decide. 

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 58

@plusmouse 

Use a tool like MS "Snipping Tool" to take a screen image of what you want to show and then save it to your PC.

You then have two choices. You can either add the image as an attachment or post it "in line" by clicking on the reply box icon that looks like a rectangle with a mountain in it.

Brian

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

I`ll attempt to attach what BT wholesale are showing for my Telephone number below and hope it appears! It should give more clarity on what`s been discussed previously. I`ll post in two sections to show the whole report;

OR Availability.JPGOR page 2.JPG

I presume FTTP is my only option according to this? 

bmc
Hero

@plusmouse 

FTTP does appear to be the only option - other than re-newing on an "as is" basis.

The PN Customer Options Team will confirm this if you phone them.

I see you've mastered "in line" posting with text afterwards.

Brian

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Thanks @bmc. I don`t know about me mastering how to attach images but I fumbled my way through as per your guidance! I`ve uploaded images before but just forgot the best way to do it.

OK, so my next move is to call PN and run this past the person I speak to and if it`s better to get FTTP now rather than end of 2025, I`ll choose that option.

One final question before I leave this alone until I know more myself if you or anyone else reading this can clarify. If someone signs up/switches to FTTP with PN and then that contract comes to an end after 24 months, I presume I could then just switch that FTTP to another provider? Silly question really because it`s probably a `yes, you can` reply. Because FTTP will no doubt be the go-to option for everybody anyway unless you happen to be with Virgin or other non-OR provider. 

Thanks everyone for your advice on this, much appreciated. 

bmc
Hero

@plusmouse 

Changing ISP with FTTP is exactly the same as before. You contact the gaining provider to place the order and you do not tell PN. If you're happy to accept Early Termination Cahrges you can move any time you like.

The actual transfer of provider is a software change so no engineer visit required and I believe it can be done in as little as three days. So last couple of weeks of your current contract would be ideal. However, I would recommend speaking to your new ISP in advance to find out a provisional time scale.

Brian

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@plusmouse 

As @bmc says changing  FTTP within the OR family of ISPs will simply be a software change and should only take a few days. If you move to an ISP using an AltNet then it will take longer as the install will involve connection to their network including the fitment of their ONT etc.